Adding a step (slide out or pull down) to Adria 670SLT Matrix (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
has anyone added a pull put stop to their Adria coachbuilt? because of the stairwell, there doesnt appear to be anywhere to connect an additional step underneath to the actual chassis. its a little awkward at times and i though having a slide out or pull down step might solve the issue, but there doesnt appear to be anywhere to fix to? it also has a plastic trim in the stairwell, which looks quite tricky to remove as it looks like the fly screen was added afterwards so that may have to be removed? even then though, the step would potentially only be fitted to the aluminium floor well so im not sure how much stress would be placed on the stairwell by a cantilever force of a step ??

if anyone has a coachbuilt adria and can offer any advice as to whether it is possible and how its done then please let me know, thanks

your reward will be waiting in heavan for when you arrive ..... (whichever heaven it is you will be arriving at !)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
IMG_20231027_150853.jpgIMG_20231027_150918.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have a 670 slt coral, as far as I can see you would likely add another 100mm minimum to the bottom of the access step. If it were me I would be concerned That additional depth below the entrance step will very likely come into contact with many a sleeping policeman.
It would certainly significantly reduce your ground clearance.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
has anyone added a pull put stop to their Adria coachbuilt? because of the stairwell, there doesnt appear to be anywhere to connect an additional step underneath to the actual chassis. its a little awkward at times and i though having a slide out or pull down step might solve the issue, but there doesnt appear to be anywhere to fix to? it also has a plastic trim in the stairwell, which looks quite tricky to remove as it looks like the fly screen was added afterwards so that may have to be removed? even then though, the step would potentially only be fitted to the aluminium floor well so im not sure how much stress would be placed on the stairwell by a cantilever force of a step ??

if anyone has a coachbuilt adria and can offer any advice as to whether it is possible and how its done then please let me know, thanks

your reward will be waiting in heavan for when you arrive ..... (whichever heaven it is you will be arriving at !)
Our 2020 Coral SLT has a built in electrical step. Switch next to the door. See photos.
One of our owners club members has a Thule pull out step for sale might be suitable. Scroll down the page to view. https://www.clubadria.co.uk/forsale-wanted.php

IMG_20231027_152710.jpg IMG_20231027_152717.jpg

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Mine is a Fiat chassis and not a true double floor. The bottom step is well below the floor level. I looked at getting a step and I think I'd need to fabricate a frame to support it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Mine is a Fiat chassis and not a true double floor. The bottom step is well below the floor level. I looked at getting a step and I think I'd need to fabricate a frame to support it.
We occasionally use a folding step when the auto levellers leave us with a higher gap. One like this.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Yes, installed a Thule drop down step on our Adria Compact recently. More details on this thread:

No problem with ground clearance and it’s a boon when parking on a slope with the levellers deployed.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
We occasionally use a folding step when the auto levellers leave us with a higher gap. One like this.
we actually use the levelling blocks (still in the bag) so we dont have to carry extra stuff, its just that on a motorhome that costs a lot of money, i dont want to be getting steps out of the lockers etc. i want one thats fitted to the motorhome. a pull out cantilevered step is unlikely to fit, so it really needs to be a slide out step, but its working out how to fix it.

at the moment i am leaning towards having to remove the fly screens before i can remove the plastic step 'shroud'. then adding reinforcing plates into the footwell before fixing a slide out step - but that all depends on how strong the stepwell is fitted to the chassis

it looks like not many people have even considered it, perhaps when the 'working class' all return home, i might get some more suggestions :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, installed a Thule drop down step on our Adria Compact recently. More details on this thread:

No problem with ground clearance and it’s a boon when parking on a slope with the levellers deployed.
That’s a nice job

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
PXL_20231027_160200333.jpg

I don't have much to hang a step off of.
PXL_20231027_160122420.jpg
PXL_20231027_160049913.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We have a similar door on our autoquest and found that a loose step that we can put out suits us very well. When not in use it sits in the doorway. It's a metal frame with a rubber sheet ontop.its just slightly lower than our bottom step but stepping onto it takes you out of the doorway.
Try one first before you make any alterations. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back