Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Does anyone have the English speaking contact number for ADAC?

The numbers I have either do not work or get through to an German speaker

01805 101112 disconnected
+ 49 941 55673 answered by German speaker.

Thanks

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi. Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673 is the lady you need. She speaks perfect English and is most helpful.

If you are intending joining Adac she will sort you out in minutes and you can pay by card over the phone :thumb:

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi tried that number, German speaker:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Ring that number again and just say 'Barbara Lorenz bitte' - she may have had to leave her desk for a moment or may be on the phone with someone else. Even if she is away from work (a rare occurrence) just say 'sprechen sie english bitte?' and they will either respond in English or find someone who does. It is a German organisation in Germany so they are bound to initially speak in German. Unlike the AA/RAC etc., who are generally stumped if you phone them in French or German, most of Adac staff at least understand enough English to hand you to a more fluent colleague.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
hee hee, once whilst camping in France I had a prob with one of my bits of medical equipment. My glucometer. It said 'replacement within 24 hours anywhere in the world' so I rang the UK office (in Brum) who said ring Paris. OK. Rang em and said Parlez-vous Anglais? and indeed Doreen spoke better English than me and so did her colleagues. However I then got caught in a never ending battle between Paris and Brum as to who was going to send the replacement article. Brum sent it eventually but it didn't arrive till the day before we were going home, 24 hours my foot.

I came home and replaced it with one of a better-known make and I sincerely hope they went bust frankly as they deserved to! Shame really as the meter was only the size of a credit card and there's never been anything that small, before or since.

I absolutely DREAD anything going wrong with ANYTHING elsewhere than UK for that reason. Finding a person that speaks the lingo is the LEAST of anyone's worries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back