ACSI Digital Card Question (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We are considering getting ACSI again this year but perhaps the CAmpingCard ACSI app. CAn someone confirm that this starts on the day it is activated? I.e. can we purchase it at the last minute (like when we are in France) and use it straight away and it lasts for a year from that date?
What's a rough idea as to what the savings are per booking (length of a piece of string time!). We have a decent solar/battery set up (370W/280Ah lithium) so probably wont need electric so perhaps a non ACSI non electric pitch would be similar price?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just checked my digital card and it does indeed run out on 8 /3 /2025 a year from when I purchased it.
I used it at 4 places on our recent trip (8 nights) and probably saved the purchase price but I knew we intend using it again later this year. Everywhere we did use it, was full so I don’t think could have negotiated better price.
One problem I had with the digital card in the app was that at one place I had no phone signal to get at the app and then, at another when I opened the app it said that it had to be updated before I could open it. Not very good. They need to have a downloadable card that can be accessed separately. I did have a screen shot of the card in my photos app and that was accepted.
The requirement for the app to be updated also prevented me from using the search for sites section even though I had downloaded the relevant parts to use offline!

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
We are considering getting ACSI again this year but perhaps the CAmpingCard ACSI app. CAn someone confirm that this starts on the day it is activated? I.e. can we purchase it at the last minute (like when we are in France) and use it straight away and it lasts for a year from that date?
What's a rough idea as to what the savings are per booking (length of a piece of string time!). We have a decent solar/battery set up (370W/280Ah lithium) so probably wont need electric so perhaps a non ACSI non electric pitch would be similar price?
We have the normal card and it paid for itself in 2 stops this year.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the feedback. We have only one trip over the water this year as I've just applied for my licence at 70 and don't expect my new one much before Christmas! Looks like it could be worth it even for one trip (5 1/2 weeks).

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am i sad? I prefer the books, although I do have the app, and what a faff registering the card, took a couple of phone calls to sort out. Get card and books as a christmas gift each year. so doesn't even need to pay for itself 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
We signed up for the Digital Card this year for our trip through France & Spain. Arrived at Camping Orio and they asked for card from the book! I explained the digital membership to no avail. However, as we had stayed at Orio previously with ACSI card from the book, they accepted membership and guve us appropriate discount.

Moved on to Bonterra Resort at Benicassim and again they insisted that only the card from the book was accepted! After explaining digital membership, I showed them this year’s membership card on the app in my ipad and they gave me discounted price.

ACSI need to circulate their sites to provide new procedures for app membership.

Otherwise, ACSI is a great scheme and worth every penny.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I bought the digital app and assumed that was it, got to a poor signal area in Spain and it said failed to upload, I explained this to the receptionist at Monfrague camping and she said don’t worry I will give you the ACSI rate. Maybe I should have just blagged my way and not bought the digital version. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
We signed up for the Digital Card this year for our trip through France & Spain. Arrived at Camping Orio and they asked for card from the book! I explained the digital membership to no avail. However, as we had stayed at Orio previously with ACSI card from the book, they accepted membership and guve us appropriate discount.
I stayed at Camping Orio a couple of weeks ago and they were ok with the digital ACSI card, so they have it sorted now.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
stevec I don’t think your idea of signing up for the App once in France is a good idea because it uses quite a lot of data to download the map/s so that needs not only data but a good mobile signal to do it. I’d suggest doing it at home on a good WiFi before you set off.

Over the many years I’ve used the App I’ve always experienced problems at the start of every year with the App & maps and have used loads of data to get it right, over a fair period of time too, so if it were me I’d sign up very early to ensure all is working properly before leaving home

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
My Digital card runs for a whole year from date of application.
I have a screenshot of the New Digital card, also the app shows my Digital card status.
Having a ACSI account is purely a back up system during our days travelling, some years we don't use it for a single night, but it's there if needs be..
With the increases of official Camperparks offering competitive overnighting, the ACSI scheme is less attractive to us...our personal feelings.

Jun 20, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
I really like the idea of the digital version but I think I will wait a while until the glitches are ironed out.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
We have ACSI digital membership. Not experienced any of above issues in France and Spain. Average saving per Night has been 7 Euros so you soon get your money back. Have found that if you ask for ACSI rate many sites will give it to you regardless of seeing any evidence. For many sites, if you are staying a week the ‘pay for 6 nights, get 7th free can work out a better deal. Likewise you will get a better rate if you exceed 30 nights.

Jul 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E720
Exp
Since 2020 - caravanned for 30 years before that
We have the digital ACSI card and haven't had any problems in France or Spain.
Mind you one site asked if we had an ACSI card then said there was no need to show them it.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Bought the digital App and Club ID card yesterday, cost us £19.67.. Digital app easy to load on to the phone, good improvement on the books which we never used. Hoping the card arrives before we set off for France at the end of next week.
For those who download the country maps, is there an advantage over using search for sites?

Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Did you get a reply?
I contacted them last sunday by email & still awaiting a reply?
No, I’ve not had a reply. Not really expecting one!!

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Any solo travellers here using the ACSI card? I've read it is not worth it if you travel solo and would like to know why.

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
Any solo travellers here using the ACSI card? I've read it is not worth it if you travel solo and would like to know why.
Interesting as I am a solo traveler and thinking of signing up as I want to stay at Alannia Guardamar next week. I would like to know as well

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Interesting as I am a solo traveler and thinking of signing up as I want to stay at Alannia Guardamar next week. I would like to know as well
Send them an eMail in English...ask them to quote you a price for your stay...

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks as I noted the swimming pool is extra wasn’t the last time also Asci
Last time I was there the pool and other sports facilities were paid by membership...
Just to add...it was 2000....we did the millennium there....

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
Yes I was last there erhh 7 years ago it was included but not at the Catral one . I like that one as I can take my dog to the local beach and make sure he catches his own balls🤣🤣

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Currently in Spain and using ACSI and Aires. Had no problem using digital card and screenshot and saved it on notes just in case no signal but not yet needed. Sites are very well priced and in the app it’s easy to find a site near to you or on your route. Sites we’ve used have been excellent.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Tried taking a screenshot of my card, but the end date is covered by the bottom green banner with the member number.

BriannYe

LIFE MEMBER
May 4, 2017
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
We printed out the digital card and details as a back up. Came in handy when you have to give details and in some places their form is only in local language.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back