Accessing blind on Hartal Door? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Probably as a prelude to failing, the blind on the Hartal door on our 2012 Bailey 620 Approach, is now losing tension and sits crookedly. Not too troubled about that but wondered about fixing it if/when the string breaks. There seems no obvious way to access the blind’s workings.

I‘ve had the door internal cover off when sorting out the central locking door actuator and I recall that the brown trim in front of the lock workings provides no access to anything behind the cream/beige trim in which the door power cable is buried and sealed. I’ve attached two photos and should be grateful for any suggestions.
IMG_1197.jpeg
IMG_1198.jpeg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The cream coloured inner shell comes off be releasing the velcro all round the edge and removing the handle etc. Then it's easy to access the blind mechanism

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I had the same problem when the string on our broke. I obtained some sticky backed white velcro, put some on the top rail of the blind and another piece on the door so that when pulled up the velcro held the blind in position. Cant provide a picture as have changed vans

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Probably as a prelude to failing, the blind on the Hartal door on our 2012 Bailey 620 Approach, is now losing tension and sits crookedly. Not too troubled about that but wondered about fixing it if/when the string breaks. There seems no obvious way to access the blind’s workings.

I‘ve had the door internal cover off when sorting out the central locking door actuator and I recall that the brown trim in front of the lock workings provides no access to anything behind the cream/beige trim in which the door power cable is buried and sealed. I’ve attached two photos and should be grateful for any suggestions. View attachment 823267View attachment 823268
iandsm Jonno1103 thanks for helpful solutions. Our door blind looks like this too.
Sorry to step off this topic but Ingwe I’m interested in your comment about the central locking. Our door central locking just buzzes. How did you take the internal plastic moulding off to get at the actuator? I started but it looked like the lock was going to crack off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Just be careful loosing the Velcro on the inner door skin. The skin is extremely thin and brittle.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
iandsm Jonno1103 thanks for helpful solutions. Our door blind looks like this too.
Sorry to step off this topic but Ingwe I’m interested in your comment about the central locking. Our door central locking just buzzes. How did you take the internal plastic moulding off to get at the actuator? I started but it looked like the lock was going to crack off
Removing the trim was quite straightforward. I started by removing the two screws that hold the door grab handle on. Once that was off it was quite easy using a butter knife or a trim removal time to gently but firmly pry the brown bit of trim off. It is held on with velcro and a few clips from memory. It’s then a matter of unhooking the wire rod from the lock and the whole brown section of trim comes free. The lock works are all there in front of you.
I’ll look back to my posts and see if I’ve got better descriptions and possibly even photos.

Edit: I recall, having looked at the photos in an earlier thread, that you also have to undo a screw right in the middle of the lock itself, not just the two screws on the grab handle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Here is a thread to which I contributed with some photos.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Removing the trim was quite straightforward. I started by removing the two screws that hold the door grab handle on. Once that was off it was quite easy using a butter knife or a trim removal time to gently but firmly pry the brown bit of trim off. It is held on with velcro and a few clips from memory. It’s then a matter of unhooking the wire rod from the lock and the whole brown section of trim comes free. The lock works are all there in front of you.
I’ll look back to my posts and see if I’ve got better descriptions and possibly even photos.

Edit: I recall, having looked at the photos in an earlier thread, that you also have to undo a screw right in the middle of the lock itself, not just the two screws on the grab handle.
Thank you very much Ingwe That thread is a great help. 👍

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
The cord broke on my door blind. You don’t need to remove any trim. The string clips at the top slide off. Then with the blind folded flat you pull up the bottom rail which unclips, pull the blind up a little then by lifting one side up it clears the track and can be removed. I then laid it on the table and threaded the new cord through the holes using a large darning needle. Its a bit fiddly but easily doable with patience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
The cord broke on my door blind. You don’t need to remove any trim. The string clips at the top slide off. Then with the blind folded flat you pull up the bottom rail which unclips, pull the blind up a little then by lifting one side up it clears the track and can be removed. I then laid it on the table and threaded the new cord through the holes using a large darning needle. Its a bit fiddly but easily doable with patience.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but ...

I've just broken my cord (again!). I've rethreaded the chord fine, but I cannot for the life of me get the blind to stay up. I assume I must have made a mistake in how the cord ends criss cross through the top handle.

Can you remember? Wishing I took photos when I took it apart, but I've done it once yet cannot get it right a second time.

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Sorry to revive an old thread, but ...

I've just broken my cord (again!). I've rethreaded the chord fine, but I cannot for the life of me get the blind to stay up. I assume I must have made a mistake in how the cord ends criss cross through the top handle.

Can you remember? Wishing I took photos when I took it apart, but I've done it once yet cannot get it right a second time.
All I remember is that the cord crosses over at the top i.e. left to right and right to left and then fastens to the clips. I think you need a stronger cord.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back