AA inspection result (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2020
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi all. I need a bit of advice if anyone has any. I'm close to buying a 2012 Rapido after agreeing a price I'm happy with. I just had the results of the AA inspection. Can anyone please share they're thoughts on this? I'd be really grateful. For the experts out there, what would you do?
Screenshot_2023-01-21-12-38-10-48_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

OP
OP
Orca Brody
Aug 26, 2020
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Time for an update. Last time I posted the fridge freezer had gone kaput. The seller then set about looking for a replacement. I made an offer of a new price with a further discount to cover the replacement of a new fridge that I would sort myself. Something like a Thetford seemed fair as to replace the faulty Dometic with a like for like replacement is near £3k. I was more than happy with the price agreed and we finalised the deal last night. I'm not going to lie, despite my test drives , I really thought I was going to smoke out the motorway on the way home. Happy to say that didn't happen. No smoke at all. It drove fine with no issues.

I did file a complaint with the AA, for the poor service received, which led nowhere. They really didn't care at all. Even taking away the whole blue smoke thing, the service was bad. Surely this thread alone will cost them at least a couple of bookings in the future making even a partial refund to me the right thing to have done. Their response to the complaint was just as bad.

Anyway, happy to draw a line under that and be happy that I've ended up with a quality motorhome that would normally have been outside my budget. There are a few things to do internally, hence the original discount, but they are manageable. Reverse camera to repair, source a new aerial, fix the extractor. That kind of thing. The hab door doesn't seal properly, that is what I'll start with.

Thanks for all the input in the thread, it's been really helpful. You were all on the case as soon as I posted. I received an email yesterday telling me my membership was coming to an end. After all the help and advice I received here, I'll have no doubts about renewing. If, on your future travels, you see a Rapido on the hard shoulder with blue smoke billowing out its backside, just keep driving, I don't want to hear it!

motorhome blue smoke.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Time for an update. Last time I posted the fridge freezer had gone kaput. The seller then set about looking for a replacement. I made an offer of a new price with a further discount to cover the replacement of a new fridge that I would sort myself. Something like a Thetford seemed fair as to replace the faulty Dometic with a like for like replacement is near £3k. I was more than happy with the price agreed and we finalised the deal last night. I'm not going to lie, despite my test drives , I really thought I was going to smoke out the motorway on the way home. Happy to say that didn't happen. No smoke at all. It drove fine with no issues.

I did file a complaint with the AA, for the poor service received, which led nowhere. They really didn't care at all. Even taking away the whole blue smoke thing, the service was bad. Surely this thread alone will cost them at least a couple of bookings in the future making even a partial refund to me the right thing to have done. Their response to the complaint was just as bad.

Anyway, happy to draw a line under that and be happy that I've ended up with a quality motorhome that would normally have been outside my budget. There are a few things to do internally, hence the original discount, but they are manageable. Reverse camera to repair, source a new aerial, fix the extractor. That kind of thing. The hab door doesn't seal properly, that is what I'll start with.

Thanks for all the input in the thread, it's been really helpful. You were all on the case as soon as I posted. I received an email yesterday telling me my membership was coming to an end. After all the help and advice I received here, I'll have no doubts about renewing. If, on your future travels, you see a Rapido on the hard shoulder with blue smoke billowing out its backside, just keep driving, I don't want to hear it!

View attachment 717435
Excellent result mate, hope you enjoy it for many a year , looks a smart van, and in the end the aa seem to have done you a favour if you get the price down a bit (y) :giggle:;).
Regarding the fridge, have you looked at compressor fridges, we have one in our van, best thing we bought new for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Orca Brody
Aug 26, 2020
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Thanks for the replies. Glad I finally got there in the end. Hoping the fridge can be repaired but I'll cope if it can't. . I'll start a new thread on that now. I'm sure there will be other problems unseen at the moment. Thanks for the invite Puddleduck (y)

I did think about a compressor fridge Chaser but would likely need to get solar sorted first.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

View attachment 717435
Good job

I'm glad you were not put off.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back