A way to keep a diary (Windows or Internet based) (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
I'm gonna turn 50 next year and I have an idea of getting most of the things wrong in my life finally better, and I want to try to keep a diary about everything. Naturally I want to do it with a computer, but this time I don't want to do everything by hand (like using just some word processor) so I need some solution.

- Has to be made specially for diary use. No Google calendar, no templates for Open Office, not a fashionable blogging site or similar. After the first set-up I just want to open it and start typing about the current day.
- Preferably a program for Windows and the diary has to be a clear file(s) which I can easily transfer to another computer or make a back-up copy.
- A web based service will do if that's what it takes, but it has to be something that's been around for a while, and have an easy export feature to save everything at once.
- Doesn't have to be free but 20 £/€ per year is about the limit.
- The simpler the better, I don't need photos, videos or sound.

Anyone know something for me? Microsoft Digital Diary looked promising (=easy) but I don't understand where it saves so I won't be using that.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I’ve just started using this app to record our trip away at the moment, seems to be very good with lots of options if you want to use them but I’m literally just writing each day. It logs the location and weather which is handy for me.

OP
OP
P
May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Thanks, but looking for something that can be used with a computer.

And anyway, I think I found what I'm looking for and it's Diarium. Costs a few euros but works on multiple platforms, can sync between devices and seems to have a simple export function too.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I don't understand where it saves so I won't be using that.
Where could it be saving that would be problematic?
Does Microsoft have a basic & pro version of Digital Diary?

OP
OP
P
May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Where could it be saving that would be problematic?
Does Microsoft have a basic & pro version of Digital Diary?

The location isn't a problem, but in my first post I wrote "diary has to be a clear file(s) which I can easily transfer to another computer or make a back-up copy" so I need to know where my stuff is and the stuff has to be simple file(s) so I can backup and move them around. But that's just me, I like to have my stuff in order and somewhere I know where they are. In fact, I still have almost everything I've ever done on a computer since the 80's :)

But anyway, like I wrote above, I found Diarium and that does the trick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back