Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Not as daft as it seems, but anyhow,

After speaking to Teddybards good lady Sheila at Chester I informed her that I intended to get two new Newfoundlands.

However, as I'm sure that most of you know, Newfies are very big and grow very large therefore transportation will be an issue.

I have a big Motorhome but not big enough for all 3 dogs. I thought that I would use the Panda as a sort of dog trailer and put the dogs in the panda whilst I a frame it ? Do you think this would be OK and do you think that I need to inform the insurers that I intend to do this.

Nikki is not keen to take the panda with Dogs across the Chanel but I don't see a problem? She is worried that they won't be allowed on the ferry in the car.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Don't forget you need to have the keys in the ignition when towing to let the steering turn!

You could be fined for allowing a dog control of a motor vehicle!::bigsmile:

Even more if they have had a beer!:roflmto:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
They don't like alcohol John so should be ok, they do like Pringles though so will have to be sure they don't spill them when towing.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think the first problem would be fitting them all in the panda :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: apart from that its a great idea go for it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would put the motorhome on the A frame and let the Newfoundlands have some exercise up front.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think it would be "Cruel".... :Sad::Angry:

Could at least stuff them in a BMW or a decent size Merc... :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
There is a couple we know that have an American RV and tow a purpose built trailer with 4 or 5 staffies behind it. The dogs love it and its used as their kennel while they are traveling. Provided the dogs are in a suitable travel cage which is secure in the car I honestly don't see a problem with it. Many people who show dogs use trailers to transport them when the Panda is on the A frame it is basically a trailer with windows

Last edited:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I frame our dogs regularly. ::bigsmile:

Especially after rather smelly ones following beer and curry!!! :Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You will definitely have to take the batteries out of the gas alarm with 3 of em:ROFLMAO:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Here you go, you could even live in the trailer and let the dogs have th van :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Tandem-4-Berth-Cruising-Canines-Dog-Trailer-with-Alloy-Wheels-Greyhounds-Show-Dogs.jpg
    Tandem-4-Berth-Cruising-Canines-Dog-Trailer-with-Alloy-Wheels-Greyhounds-Show-Dogs.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 20

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My God my sleeping tablets are strong. Just had a weird dream that Paul and Niki are getting another two Taras. Am going back to sleep to take that image away.... zzzzzzzzzzz

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I think you can only A-frame dogs in a Rover!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There is a couple we know that have an American RV and tow a purpose built trailer with 4 or 5 staffies behind it. The dogs love it and its used as their kennel while they are traveling. Provided the dogs are in a suitable travel cage which is secure in the car I honestly don't see a problem with it. Many people who show dogs use trailers to transport them when the Panda is on the A frame it is basically a trailer with windows
3 travel cages big enough for Newfoundlands ... they'd be bigger than the blooming car!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back