Tour Guide Wanted 9 Meter Rig Sites (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotral Arapaho
Guys is there a list of sites in the Uk that except rigs up to 9 meterswe have an Arapaho at 8.75 and I’m coming up against this 8.5 max quite a lot. I’m in the Camping and Motorhome club as well (for my sins) any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m in Norfolk now trying to convince SeaCroft in Cromer, that its just over 8.5 and I’ll make it fit when I arrive tomorrow 😂

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Britstops and Apps state the length of vehicles allowed. Strangely, when I have visited locations that have entrances that our 7.9 meter motorhome should have difficulty getting in, or will not accept large motorhome, we would fit in many of them without any trouble.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Britstops and Apps state the length of vehicles allowed. Strangely, when I have visited locations that have entrances that our 7.9 meter motorhome should have difficulty getting in, or will not accept large motorhome, we would fit in many of them without any trouble.
Think you’ll find most Britstops simply say if they accept 7.5m plus, ie not 9m - a small number say in their text they only accept VW size or panel van conversions. Often it’s more a matter of size of their car park spaces, rather than access issues.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I usually phone the site even when there limit is over 9.5m, then they make sure they keep a big enough space for me.
Most sites have no real idea of what length will fit.
Brighton had a 45' (over 13m) yank on years ago, but has an 8.5m limit.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Many sites have some pitches that can take big RV but they don't list it on case for arguments sake 5 turn up and only 4 bays available.
Just ring direct.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Guys is there a list of sites in the Uk that except rigs up to 9 meterswe have an Arapaho at 8.75 and I’m coming up against this 8.5 max quite a lot. I’m in the Camping and Motorhome club as well (for my sins) any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m in Norfolk now trying to convince SeaCroft in Cromer, that its just over 8.5 and I’ll make it fit when I arrive tomorrow 😂

I have stayed at seacroft with an 8m tag axle motorhome. i just rang them and they were able to fit us in. All depends what pitches are available when you want to go I suppose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back