12v Cigar lead for Maxview sat receiver (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,

Anyone tell me where I can get a 12v lead for a Maxview DV3 Sat receiver that terminates as follows:- Standard cigar lighter plug one end and ????? Mini-Din the other. I SAY it's a 'mini-din' but not sure what one calls them.

The 'mini' end is a fairly standard small plug, hollow in the centre, which locates over a pin in the receiver's rear 12v socket.

Have had butchers at the Maxview website, but can't see if it's the correct lead. Model number of the receiver doesn't tally. Phoned them, but they just referred me back to the website! Doesn't have to be by same manufacturer as the sat receiver, long as it works! (Obviously I'll check flor correct polarity). Also had a look on fleabay, but some have a centre pin instead of being 'hollow'. Not technical terms, I know, but you get the gist?

Thanks.
James

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think the word you want is. "DC plug". have a look in Maplins or go on ebay.
There are several sizes so either take the box into. maplins and get them to try one or buy a few cheapies off ebay.... 2.5mm is the most common and 2.1mm after that..

If they dont have a lead you can buy the bits if your handy with a soldering iron..

Here is a 2.1 version..
Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks

Thanks Tonk' that's exactly it!

Sizes are a bit of a nause. Don't know if it's 2.1 or 2.5. Don't know if the size refers to the diameter or the reach. Might pop to Maplins and take the unit with me. Not too bad with a soldering iron - still got the same one I bought when I was 11 !!! (Plus a few others now). Long as the plug is the right size, I can soon weld a bit of cable and a cigar plug together.

Thanks again. £10 subs to the rescue again huh?

James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
take care, some of the sat boxes that run on 12v are sensitive to voltage changes above 12v so some 12v power supplies are fitted with a resistor to prevent the change in voltage getting to the box.

leisure battery voltages can fluctuate quite a bit when under charge.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Nothing's simple eh Lads?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ran a maxview box (made by comag, I used to import and sold thousands) off a direct 12v feed for over 5 years in my previous van.. Yes you can get fluctuations but I have never come across any issues.. :thumb:

If you have concerns then an investment in a DC voltage regulator could be worthwhile.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Broken Link Removed

here you go:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.