Anyone Insured With Caravan Club? (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We're picking up our new to us MH next week - 2008 Swift Bolero 630EW:D:D:D. We've caravanned since God was a boy insuring with the Caravan Club. Has anyone any experience of insuring a motorhome with them? Their quote was pretty competitive.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Caravan Club always come out extremely expensive for us.
So on that basis, no, not got any experience.

We're insured with Caravan Guard

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Last time I checked with CC the quote was competitive but the excess was a lot higher than elsewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We're insured through CC having changed from C&CC the year before.
From memory, CC were the cheapest of around 10 - 12 we tried by not far off £100.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are CC, seemed competitive to me on last renewal.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
They were too expensive for me (n)

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
We caravaned for 20 plus years and had insurance through CC, when we got the new mh in March we tried to go through Comfort but they wouldn't insure as the mh is kept on a site, so we are back withCC.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Have you tried Lifesure good quote + breakdown cover home and abroad

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Caravan Club do their own excellent insurance for caravans (especially loved the NCD) but for motorhome insurance they just forward you to a broker so not so good. About time they looked after their growing number of motorhome members the same way as they do those with caravans!
Ironically we are insured with Caravanguard who do good motorhome insurance.

Deleted User
Just had 3 quotes for my renewal

Comfort £368 including European breakdown
Safeguard £444 including European breakdown (my current provider)
CC £338 not including European breakdown cover (which I can purchase elsewhere for circa £60)

So for me Comfort are cheapest

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are with the CC for M/H Insurance, been with them since we started, Every Year always shop around, but they always win(y)

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
I'm with caravan club and daughter with caravan club. When she needed to claim she got a quote locally, rang the club told them the quote take it in they said don't need another quote. Job done everyone happy.
Veronica

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's good that Caravan Club motorhome insurance works for some but for our area & the level of cover we needed the policy offered wasn't good or cheap but that was late 2013 so may be better now. Obviously a good idea to ring round all the ones suggested & compare prices but watch the small print to make sure that you have the best cover that suits your needs.:)

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I tried a few last year and Comfort were the cheapest for us with full breakdown cover for £329.00

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Another for caravanguard. Needed a claim few years ago, no problems. Premium hardly affected following year.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
When I needed cover for longer trips the guy at Caravan Guard, without refusing to quote, suggested that they don't like long trip cover so I shopped around and found Comfort offered the best deal. CC were extortionate! Comfort have since sorted out a couple of problems for me and are still competitive. I'd rather deal with someone I trust than change for the sake of a few pounds. However everybody's circumstances are different so I would still advocate checking round (though I was told by one broker that many use the same underwriters).

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Still mooching around trying to get a quote from a number of Insurance companies. Cheapest by far was AIB Insurance - I worked my way through the usual online quote and they inturn said they would reply by phone. 24 hours later they called back and after going through the information again offered me a very good quote less than £300. However, and this is the bit that bothers me, when I asked for confirmation of the quote and details by email and they said that they do not email quotes and were happy to confirm said quote if I called again ? Why in this day and age would a company that ask you to request a quote online then refuse to confirm the results online...? Still searching here....

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Had the same issue with AIB who refused to provide written confirmation of their quote.(n)
When they advised this I moved on. They subsequently phoned back two or three times and refused on every occasion to provide written confirmation.:confused:
Glad they did as got cheaper elsewhere.:)

Lucie Carter

Free Member
Jul 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Since 2001
When I needed cover for longer trips the guy at Caravan Guard, without refusing to quote, suggested that they don't like long trip cover so I shopped around and found Comfort offered the best deal. CC were extortionate! Comfort have since sorted out a couple of problems for me and are still competitive. I'd rather deal with someone I trust than change for the sake of a few pounds. However everybody's circumstances are different so I would still advocate checking round (though I was told by one broker that many use the same underwriters).

Hi Terry,

I'm the PR and Communications officer here at Caravan Guard, I like to keep an eye on the forum to see if there's anything I can help customers with. Just to pick up on your comment regarding long trips, Caravan Guard's motorhome insurance policy does offer up to 9 months European travel cover as standard. This means policyholders can enjoy up to 270 days of travel in Europe for no additional cost. We find that 270 days is ample cover for most policyholders.

Apologies if this wasn't made clear when you contacted us.
Many thanks

Lucie

Chrissy+John

Free Member
Aug 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
1 YR
Time is running out, still mooching as well, ours runs out on sat with safeguard, been with them acouple of years, had no problem with them. This is the first year i've checked out others and have found two so far, but cant understand why Safe guard was £809 when others are alot lower around £200 mark. Thats a huge difference.

Lucie Carter

Free Member
Jul 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Since 2001
Just to correct my comment above, European cover can be added to Caravan Guard's motorhome insurance policy for a reasonable additional premium.
Many thanks,
Lucie

Graham Gladden

Free Member
May 24, 2015
Cromer,Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
10 years
We're picking up our new to us MH next week - 2008 Swift Bolero 630EW:D:D:D. We've caravanned since God was a boy insuring with the Caravan Club. Has anyone any experience of insuring a motorhome with them? Their quote was pretty competitive.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
When I punted round for quotes for our new Carthago the difference in prices and security requirements was crazy.
I got the distinct impression that the underwriters were just making up figures or perhaps dangling a bit of seaweed out of the window.
Caravan Club would not quote, full stop. Caravan Guard required cranky levels of security then came up with a daft price. Sage wouldn't quote until the van was actually in the UK.
Comfort, who I was already with, were quite pricey but within range but some restrictions such as limited screen cover.
Safeguard gave me a good price with excellent levels of cover (no glass limit) and were a pleasure to deal with.
They now have our car cover as well as the MH.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back