Rally Chat Yorkshire wartime experience. (2 Viewers)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry ? What for ? I've had a bit of a rant, you've put forwards your side that is very convincing to me, so I'll shut up so that those folk who want to go and have an enjoyable meet can do so.

At least I am consistent, a couple of years ago I had a rant when someone posted a picture of themselves at a WW2 meet dressed as an SS officer. Now I know it was just fancy dress but those guys were the military scum of the earth, it just seemed so very wrong at the time. I see that uniform and think of Auchwitz, I see bodies hanging from lamp posts in Paris, hung with piano wire.

I love Germany, I love the people, we'll be there sometime May/June. I'm a huge admirer of the German war technicians, they wiped the floor with us technically. "We" invented Radar and the jet engine didn't we, which was one hell of a shock when the Me262 left our piston engined aircraft for dead. Thank goodness they had a nutter in control.

Sorry I missed that post Brian, a good one!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
No it wasn't a good post
RICHIE HAS ASKED ME TO POST THIS.

THE BOOKING FORMS ARE NOW READY TO DOWNLOAD ON THE YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE WEB SITE. OR YOU CAN GO TO THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FIND A LINK.

YOU CAN PUT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FORM THAT YOU ARE WITH THE RV OWNERS CLUB.

THERE IS A DANCE ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT £5 PER PERSON.

WHEN YOU BOOK PLEASE POST ON HERE SO RICHIE CAN KEEP US ALL TOGETHER.
THANKS.

thanks graham and shirley for the update

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If you want to bring horror to kids Brian make them watch the prog that was on the other night about Auschwitz. Then discuss it with them.

Then I suggest you bring em to Coventry and make them study what's left of the old Cathedral. Brings a tear to my eye every time I see it. And I wasn't even born until 1950 and we weren't allowed to even speak about the War when dad was in the house. When A Family at War was on TV in the 1960's he wouldn't even stay in the same room.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Might be prudent to start a "rights & wrongs" of war thread, after all this one was a rally promotion one.
roll-eyes-med.gif

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
We are thinking of going, Looks like a good weekend.

Peter

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just printed the form of to book this . Motorhome 2 adults 2children under 16 £40 CAMPING Thurs to Monday & INCLUSIVE ENTRANCE to each show day. additional Adults £7 chilfren £4 . There is a big 40's dance and sing night on the Sat that sounds great the ticket £5 each cant be bad. :) http://nelz60.moonfruit.com/entertainment/4582109497

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Shirley & Graham can you please let Richie know

Ambilkate booked
Canopus booked

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
THE BOOKING FORMS ARE NOW READY TO DOWNLOAD ON THE YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE WEB SITE. OR YOU CAN GO TO THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FIND A LINK.

THANKS.

funsters booked so far

Ambilkate
Beerdrinker
Canopus

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just printed the form of to book this . Motorhome 2 adults 2children under 16 £40 CAMPING Thurs to Monday & INCLUSIVE ENTRANCE to each show day. additional Adults £7 chilfren £4 . There is a big 40's dance and sing night on the Sat that sounds great the ticket £5 each cant be bad. :) http://nelz60.moonfruit.com/entertainment/4582109497
COME ON FUNSTERS looks as though its gonna be a good weekend

BUMP

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

THANKS.

funsters booked so far

Ambilkate
Beerdrinker
Canopus

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEKEND OUR TICKETS HAVE ARRIVED

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EVENING ENTERTAINMENT
BUMP

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just bumping this up incase anyone has missed it. Looks good and have been told the dance on the Saturday night is one not to be missed :)

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
oh sorry i did not know the bookings have closed. Thankyou for letting me know @Jimbohorlicks

I booked for this ages ago and have been really looking forward to it, but just discovered that due to a medical appointment i can't make it, if anyone wants my tickets, let me know asap

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sorry to hear this Ken hope someone will want the tickets xxx hope all goes well with the hospital appointments Ken x
Kate x

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi beerdrinker sorry to hear you are not well
we had e mailed the website people as we were going to be late booking this meets theonline forms were closed. They sent me a pdf to book and we are about to send off the cheque and booking forms today -if you can forward your tickets etc to us we will repay you on one of the meets or send you the money-I'll send a pm with our details.
But we have to know today as we need to send the payments to the YWartimeE ASAP

ps forgot to ask -had you booked for 2 people or just 1?-we need for 2

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
what a brilliant meet-a whole army was present( and a group of squaddies from FUN and RVOC)-tanks from America, Britain and axis forces , half tracks galore, more guns than you could shake a stick at , with a fly past of a spitfire to boot plus on Saturdy night a Glen Miller style band playing 40's music to dance to.

Several of the funster squaddies were fully kitted out in combat clobber to set the scene.

A great weekend was had by all 4 nights , water,toilets, elsan etc parked on a solid, reasonably flat field, plus entrance tickets for the weekend-total £40.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http://nelz60.moonfruit.com/&ei=AYSaVdCeDYzr-AGDo6fYBw&usg=AFQjCNHXWUTcNsTz8jz41ptdbqcq-ajkMw&sig2=6jUDagcYwcEFksDjp5IMtA&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cWw

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
What a brilliant weekend Thankyou Richard and Joan from RVOC for posting this meet on Fun.
Amanda had a great time she loved dressing up and is so looking forward to next year. Must say will deffo be looking out for outfits for this event next year. Felt like we were on a film set most of the weekend will put some pics on laters. The 40's dance on the Saturday night was brilliant the music was so good felt like we had stepped back intime sitting amongst the people all dressed in style . :) Great company great venue good value for money cannot fault it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back