Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
The one hinge on the freezer of our little fridge had bust but l was happy to handle it careful and eak out its remaining life.... but into every life a husband has to set his clumping great mits and mess plans up. He has succeeded in totally breaking the other hinge off as well.

Does anyone have any idea on how much and/or where to get a fridge (under counter size with a mini freezer compartment is. The freezer is full not half width, it has to work on gas/electric/battery. I saw some prices that scared me around £500+

Many thanks
Caro

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If off the shelf hinges are NOT available (they should be) I'm sure any competent workshop and make something for a darn sight less than the cost of a replacement fridge. If not come and see me and I'll sort something for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If like us you have a Dometic fridge, the hinges are simply holes in top and bottom of the plastic frame of the door into which a pin fits, in our case the bottom one gave way (broke) it stayed like yours with luck and careful door loading

As they technically are not hinges there is nothing to replace, you will have to buy a new door, but expect this to be a big proportion of the fridge cost based on our own experience

Or find somebody handy to glue it back together

We are still struggling on, having invested in a new fridge freezer @£1300 and bought the wrong one!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Pictures might help the Funsters to understand the problem more and aid repairs. :xsmile:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
a swivel pin is easy enough to make

the pin will not be broken if like ours, the plastic hole it fits into is the problem

a cheap and nasty fitting on a really expensive product, made worse on ours by having the hinges to the front of our MH, designed by ???

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Recently replaced one on mine, got it from Magnum at Grimsby, about a tenner I think, easy enough to replace, 3 or4 screws, undo the other side first so you can take the broken one off. I think there are only 2 types.
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks folks l will nip into CB tomorrow and get some photos and post them. I just had a quick look when it broke l was so miffed they seemed to be an all in one thing with metal spring in the middle...l guess a proper look would have been in order first... he ho put it down to chaos at christmas.

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
:) Many thanks everyone glad l went back and looked properly they are removable hinges.... ok ok should have done it first you all saved my bacon worrying yes l would have looked eventually but lot of wasted worry before l looked we have some heafty bills including replacing the roof on mums bungalow going out over the next 3 or so months :crying:

Have attached the 2 photos
l a hinge one and other the fridge info plate in case anyone has any ideas which fridge it covers parts wise as no name just model number. Should add that it has the word Powerfridge on one of the door pocket things. Sorry blurry photo :xblush: (l realise l am being lazy not doing a google but someone may have some ideas hence the model type question)

Again many thanks for saving me the worry ::bigsmile:

fridge info.jpg
hinge 2.jpg

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Here you go

Its a Dometic RM7361 fridge according to the data plate photo, this is the correct hinge aalthough you may be able to find it cheaper (or not perhaps).

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back