I am thinking of touring Ireland what about ferries? (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
[QUOTE (y)if in Ballymoney try Joeys bar it has Joey Dunlops Racing motorbikes hanging on the wall[/QUOTE]

We visited it after the North West in the mid '90s, you'll need wellies on if you go to the toilet :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were told when over in Ireland to use Seatruck and the Warren Point to Heysham commercial route, told you can only book upto 2 weeks in advance and must be flexible. £100 each way which includes meals, bed (lengthy crossing) and all the tea or coffee you can drink

http://www.seatruckferries.com/
That looks okay for us. Thanks for the link!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Mel yep the route does have drawbacks, and would not suit all, I highlighted it as a cheaper option. It would suit those wanting to tour the South saving the pain of driving down from Belfast.
Its a shame as we love Ireland and if it wasn't for the cost of the ferries we'd would go every year! I checked what it cost us the last time we went in 2013 and it cost us nearly £350 (out in August returning in September) and even though a good portion of this was covered by Tesco vouchers it still makes it an expensive trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back