Swift Bolero Feedback (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Hi Folks
We hired a MH this summer and followed the TDF in Northern France and to my surprise and delight Ms 5* Hotel loved it!
The rotten weather for the first week did help us realise that the dinette design of the Chausson Flash 28 was a bit limiting for comfort in poor weather and as we will be in Scotland much of the time we'd like to have the benefit of a Fixed Bed design with bench seating at the front..
We made a list of "suitable" MH and visited the NEC show the other week which was a great help in narrowing our choice.

Current choices
Autotrail Tracker FB or RB
Swift Bolero 682/722
Bailey Autograph 730
Elldis Encore 255

What I'd appreciate is some feedback on real life experiences of the Swift Bolero 682/722 or Swift in general and the plus points of the various manufacturers, chassis and heating systems of the above manufacturers

Thanks and regards

Bill

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
After much research and a couple of test hires we bought the previous model Bolero 680FB - that was 5 years and 50000 miles ago and we've never regretted our decision, it's perfect for our wants and needs. However everybody is different and the issue of a fixed bed against a makeup one has been well aired in these pages.

Suggest that you hire one - Abacus in Hampshire do Boleros - to check if it really suits you.

We've looked several times at replacing ours with a new one because of the improvements, but really don't think it's worth it.

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
After much research and a couple of test hires we bought the previous model Bolero 680FB - that was 5 years and 50000 miles ago and we've never regretted our decision, it's perfect for our wants and needs. However everybody is different and the issue of a fixed bed against a makeup one has been well aired in these pages.

Suggest that you hire one - Abacus in Hampshire do Boleros - to check if it really suits you.

We've looked several times at replacing ours with a new one because of the improvements, but really don't think it's worth it.
Thanks for the feedback, I've mailed them for a quote for next summer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Update - have quotes for hire of Bolero/Chausson 718/Swift 444 - just need her ladyship to decide what she wants to do....

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

We have a Swift Sundance 630g which we bought new a couple of years ago. Only a couple of minor faults which the dealer soon put right. We have been very pleased with our van which has 2 benches in the lounge which are ideal for lounging.

There is a video of the new Bolero here but Swift have a lot of new models coming out for 2015, some of which have the fixed bed and lounging space you want. British vans get a bit of flack when it comes to quality control but from what I have seen so far Swift have got their act together for 2015 with some clever features and wood free construction.

Paul

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Have a swift group mh and love it to bits...minor problems but no more than any others we owned

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
So I went to book a Bolero from Abacus today and was informed that the Bolero is being replaced in the rental fleet for 2015 by an Autograph 730 which was also on our list :)

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Check the bathroom door fit on any boleros you are tempted to buy. If it doesnt seem to fit straight then it could mean the chassis is twisted. They had an issue 4-5 years ago where this was happening due to some under spec chassis extensions they had fitted.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Love our 07 Bolero would not wish to change it.
Just out of interest has anyone had their payload upgraded ?
thanks

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi don't know if it's too late to reply , but here goes anyway our Bolero 724FB is great , apart from an issue with a broken wire it's been superb , up in aviemore in February at -10 some nights we were so cosy with the alde central heating unit , and not a dry heat like the blown air type , just love the space in Shuggie and the full bathroom is so good. Only down side in my opinion is the storage space , it's not enough for my fishing gear

Sausage44

Free Member
May 10, 2016
Bicester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New at it!
I have just been to look at a '16 model Bolero 724FB. Brand new and a good price, just waiting for the dealer to get back with a trade in deal with my Bailey 730.
Any other feedback with the 724 anyone?

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Our 724FB was bought new 4 years ago based on the layout, 4 travel seats, full width bathroom and Alde heating. We still have seen nothing else that we would consider changing it for.
We have made some changes though as we like to wildcamp a bit.
The gas locker is only good for 2 x 6 kg bottles so I had a 48ltr tank fitted.
The underbed locker door is too small so we had to buy Brammer chairs (as SHMBO wanted the footrest).
Solar and inverter so everything is usable.
As above, the Alde heating is great and heats evenly without drafts, hotspots or a dry throat.
Also fitted with tank heaters and lagged.
If it wasn't for the grandkids and potential resale value I would have had the 722 for both of us having a lounge seat.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Just over £700 with the Funster discount. Worth it though, just did 15 nights and off grid and the top up was £9.99 (y)

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi guys
Anyone had any experience with the Fammia or Thule storage boxes , was thinking of putting one on the bike rack give us some extra storage space appreciate any comments about them ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back