This is why I have a dash cam (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No idea why but just lately a lot of stuff posted on youtube will not play for me..
Loads up ok ( as the bar across the bottom indicates ) but the bar is grey and nothing actually plays..
Plays ok in Explorer but not in Chrome for some reason

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Pathetic driving.

Makes me angry:swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
No idea why but just lately a lot of stuff posted on youtube will not play for me..
Loads up ok ( as the bar across the bottom indicates ) but the bar is grey and nothing actually plays..
Plays ok in Explorer but not in Chrome for some reason

I have the same problem, which is crazy as you tube and google are now same company. I will try and see if there is an update to Chrome.

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Drivers dont seem to realise that when they are joining traffic from a sliproad the onus is on them to join safely.
It now appears to be the norm that you are expected to get out of the way !!
What made it worse, was I was being overtaken by a sprinter at the time so had no where to go.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
That happens so many times, I make a point now, if in car or MH, if I see someone coming on a joining road and looking like they will push in, to toot the horn ! Just to wake them up.

Can you still get air horns ? You never seem to hear Col. Bogie round the streets any more.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The problem for me is that the passenger in our 'van does not accept that I should move over. I've tried telling her but it's no use.
I do pull over when we're talking about HGV's and the like because they invariably can't get up to speed on the slip road but unless they're of a similar ilk the 'enterers get short shrift, the horn and the lights every time

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
A knob indeed, as you say. Luckily, you had the presence of mind not to pull into the next lane causing an accident.
Allan

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
That happens so many times, I make a point now, if in car or MH, if I see someone coming on a joining road and looking like they will push in, to toot the horn ! Just to wake them up.

Can you still get air horns ? You never seem to hear Col. Bogie round the streets any more.
You can get air horns, but not ones that play tunes, I just want something LOUD to scare the bejesus out of them :mad:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The problem for me is that the passenger in our 'van does not accept that I should move over. I've tried telling her but it's no use.
I do pull over when we're talking about HGV's and the like because they invariably can't get up to speed on the slip road but unless they're of a similar ilk the 'enterers get short shrift, the horn and the lights every time
So even if there was no one in the lane to your right, preventing you changing lanes you wouldn't?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yessss..... But what about all the other so called nights of the road ( including the total T0££er driving the Royal Mail truck who rather than slow down just barges his way out ?
These are more the sort of lorry drivers I seem to see more often than not...:mask: truck driving taliban with a :emo: hitler complex !!!

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Yessss..... But what about all the other so called nights of the road ( including the total T0££er driving the Royal Mail truck who rather than slow down just barges his way out ?
These are more the sort of lorry drivers I seem to see more often than not...:mask: truck driving taliban with a :emo: hitler complex !!!
Well all I can say there's good and bad in all

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
So even if there was no one in the lane to your right, preventing you changing lanes you wouldn't?

Hi DBK,

No I wouldn't, (with the exception as previously described) or where I know that, because of stupidly, poorly designed 'on slips', example Tavistock Road on to Plymouth Parkway Eastbound, where the cars attempting to enter the road have no sight line, and No 'on ramp' of any length, I don't do it.
To do so would continue the thought processes in the minds of those that saunter onto major roads without even considering that they are in the wrong.
There have been times when I have been forced into taking avoiding action but the instigator is left in no doubt that it is they that are in the wrong.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Hi DBK,

No I wouldn't, (with the exception as previously described) or where I know that, because of stupidly, poorly designed 'on slips', example Tavistock Road on to Plymouth Parkway Eastbound, where the cars attempting to enter the road have no sight line, and No 'on ramp' of any length, I don't do it.
To do so would continue the thought processes in the minds of those that saunter onto major roads without even considering that they are in the wrong.
There have been times when I have been forced into taking avoiding action but the instigator is left in no doubt that it is they that are in the wrong.
I totally agree with you. Unless in exceptional circumstances, the safest thing you can do is to continue driving at a steady speed. Why should you change lanes (as changing lanes is more hazardous than staying put) on the off chance that someone might be joining the carriageway at every slip road? The majority of slip roads are designed to be long enough for the traffic to be able to both see, and match the speed of, the traffic on road they are joining. It is always the responsibility of anyone joining a carriageway to do so responsibly and with consideration for other road users.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
This is taken from the DVSA site, it might help some inexperienced "drivers"

When you’re driving towards a junction, it’s important to scan well ahead to make sure that you’re aware of

• other road users joining or leaving the motorway: you may need to change lanes, if you can do so safely, to keep travelling at a steady speed
  • queuing traffic.
Rules for driving on motorways and dual carriageways

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OOPS !!
Just noticed I spelt knights as nights.. still, some are pretty dark anyway so either would do !!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
to some degree its the guy in the people carrier to blame as if he didnt come in the car from left would have been out and gone he was failing to read the situation but as said its the responsibility of the car joining
we had the same on the way to lincoln last year same road but in our case the lorry in front hit the car writing it of in front of our eyes
i think its a bad road dual carriage way motorway speeds and very short sharp slip roads

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Drivers dont seem to realise that when they are joining traffic from a sliproad the onus is on them to join safely.
It now appears to be the norm that you are expected to get out of the way !!
Yes, well. HonestJohn gives sound advice over many years. I remember well reading this in the paper at the time:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...8453997/Priority-when-joining-a-motorway.html
And if you bluster, "But, but, hang on a minute,...." if not worse, then all I can say is I was there before you, but it does explain a lot :-(

Dave

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
It's definitely poor driving from the car.. But I'm struggling with those advocating just continuing on.. I presume to have a collision or to slam their brakes on late.. I am guessing that this is just a misinterpretation by me of people angry about some driving standards. I am sure that if you just went around ploughing into Irresponsible motorists that you saw coming then your van or licence wouldn't last too long.
Junctions that join on a slip road are a hazard for all road users affected by them and should be treated accordingly (obviously it's a give way to the joining vehicle) .
I'm sure no one would just plough on into a car??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back