PhoXO .. image and photo editor (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
PhoXo Review

A Superb Freeware Image Editor That's Incredibly Fast

Updated 3. November 2011 - 18:43 by r.schifreen
Despite the plethora of free online image editing sites, it's always a good idea to have a picture editor installed on your PC too. Not having to upload your pictures to a remote site saves time, and is more secure too.

There are lots of freeware image editors around, but some of them are slow or bloated. Which is why I was so impressed with Phoxo, which is neither. The download is only around 4 MB, and once you've installed the software it's incredibly fast to load too. But it's not short of features either, as you can see from the toolbars and icons shown below.

You can download Phoxo from www.phoxo.com/en. It runs on Windows XP and above, and I've tested it with VirusTotal to ensure that the installer is free from viruses and malware.

From the developer:

PhoXo - tiny, fast, easy to use, powerful, free, image and photo editor
PhoXo is a free and powerful image editing software. It's tiny, fast, easy to use, can be treated as a mini PhotoShop. Its features include layers, undo, over 50 special effects, batch processing, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, measuring and navigation. Especially, you can easily add text effects to image, such as shadow text, ripple text, gradient color text etc. PhoXo web site provides a large number of resources, including step by step tutorials, thousands of free clip-art, frames, patterns, textures and shapes.

http://www.phoxo.com/en/

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sooooooo .... just to clarify ... the Photo edit programme is good un... ? I worry myself sick about downloading stuff as it took Grommet a full day to sort my computer out for me due to hacking/spoof downloads, etc.

Have you used the programme Jim? Am interested in this. :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sooooooo .... just to clarify ... the Photo edit programme is good un... ? I worry myself sick about downloading stuff as it took Grommet a full day to sort my computer out for me due to hacking/spoof downloads, etc.

Have you used the programme Jim? Am interested in this. :)

yes, I used it but that was back in 2011 when I had it on a Dell laptop.. it's had several updates since then

but since I bought my desktop I also purchased Adode Photoshop elements ..

it's free, but it's not Photoshop.. it's safe, but don't expect too much ..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Jim, I have Adobe here actually just not got round to downloading it .. I am such a dumbo with computers I am going to wait until I am at a meet where someone can talk me through doing so.

Thanks for your reply re the prog. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back