Lone traveller - is it really safe? (1 Viewer)

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Having a Yorkie called Fang (joking!!) is the best deterrant, forget mice farting at 300 yards and dogs barking in the next country, she's so clever she can hear would be thieves planning a break-in!!!

Sounds like my dog, she doesn't need an excuse to bark, just likes to hear her own voice,,,,,, maybe she was a politician in a former life

bfb

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Besides my alarm I have two short lengths of wood. Slide them through the door handles to the bodywork. I showed them to my friend who had spent a lot of money having external locks put on. I used old walking cane and a length of wood. Cost nothing, now try to get in. He couldn't now matter how hard he tried so sleep soundly at night. Horses for course unless as someone said I forget to switch of alarm. That bloody well wakes me up sharpish or if I accidentally switch on motion alarm instead of door alarm. :sleep::whistle:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I wasn’t even travelling solo when this thread started, but I’ve felt perfectly safe since 2017.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Last week at cite Europe aire, the motorhome next to us had a "beware of the dog" sign. Being a dog lover and nosey swmbo asked them what sort of dog they had They didn't have a dog at all, just the sign. We have signs but also two dogs to go with them.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Read this today and it has made me think

I've posted this before - the world is not as bad as some would have us believe.

That photo - I've not read the details but I'm sure all those bodies could not travel legally in that MH, way to heavy. Everybody carries about £2000 with them all the time it seems.

Last edited:

bfb

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Just thought from now on will put an A2 picture of my face in the front windscreen. Just frightened myself shaving!Sure to scare the buggers away.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Saw a sign on a house near where I live that said 'Never mind the dog, beware of the kids'. Might get that for the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back