Help required for a good high speed ISP provider for Europe (1 Viewer)

TheCoop

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
All over the UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are newbies
Hi all a newbie here, I work part-time from our mobile and have a Teleco twin LNB (with internet capacity) so my husband can watch TV and Sky while I work so the satellite is currently set on Astra 23 and Astra 28 and I was recommended to use Digitaria based in Italy which I set up a contract with but I am getting (this has been tested) 1/10 of the upload and download speed of the 4 mbps I pay for, which is €69.50 per month so can anyone recommend a ISP that can provide what they say they can which i realise in busy times of the day is not possible but any help would be good or a company that you can call not email and are positive about customer service. I probably get 40 emails a day with half with an attachment and I need to Skype a couple of people a day...... thanks in advance

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
I'm sorry that no one has helped you with this. There are probably a few posts about satellite internet on motorhomefacts which tends to be more tech orientated.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Addie usually jumps on these threads but I know he is on holiday in S France at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
http://www.ipcopter.com/en/ are used by most of the mobile satellite internet providers. Though there business model must look weak with the way that cheap mobile internet is rolling out all over Europe

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
You could look at BeyonDSL - they seem to cover Italy: Broken Link Removed

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
More techy you mean? :)

Yes :)

http://www.ipcopter.com/en/ are used by most of the mobile satellite internet providers. Though there business model must look weak with the way that cheap mobile internet is rolling out all over Europe

Agreed. And I seem to remember reading that Google has plans to put Wifi transmitters up in the sky so that we are continually bathed in SSIDs. Will take a while, though.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You are like the real Doc Holliday Mr DocHolliday...

Like living dangerously...

Recommending someone go from here to Facts for infomation...

Wow!

JJ :cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I am getting 4mb/s download and 1.5mb/s upload on a MiFi with Europasim. At £3 a day on the days it's used it's good value but for everyday business use probably a bit pricey.
There is free wifi here too but it's very slow and keeps dropping.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello,

I think we've already had e-mail contact a month or so ago although you are not a customer of ours. I'm sorry to hear your problems are still ongoing.

Satellite Internet is not really ideal for Skype because of the high latency (delay) because of the distance the signal has to travel. It is possible, provided both parties aware of the possible delay and deal with it accordingly.

The Teleco system, while having an offset LNB for simultaneous TV and Internet, does not have AutoSkew which could be attributing to the speed issue if you are traveling widely across Europe. I can't say that our Teleco customers have reported any issues once they've understood the latency which can sometimes be mistaken for slowness as is the nature of the connection.

Do also ensure that if you are not connected to your modem directly via ethernet that you have done so to rule out any misconfigured WiFi routers as being part of the cause.

Once you have fulfilled a 3 month contract period you can ask Digitaria to release your AIRMAC and you are then free to choose an alternative provider.

Broadband Everywhere has some good 'unlimited' packages like Teleco and is our preffered provider for our Oyster, Crystop and Teleco systems. You will need to request a KU band package when you speak with them and provide your AIRMAC. https://www.broadbandeverywhere.co.uk/packages/3

However if the speed does not improve then it is likely that the issue is elsewhere. Since you are in Italy it might be worth making contact with Teleco who are based there and perhaps they might be able to assist you directly.

Hope that helps.

Adam

OP
OP
TheCoop

TheCoop

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
All over the UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are newbies
Thanks to everyone for the comments, Jim ipcopter couldn't help just yet they have a new package coming early next year, they did in the meantime Filiago a company who have been recommended by people I have stopped and asked in Europe who they use and Filiago have a package of 4mbps for €19.50 per month but it was 24 month contract. Adam, yes we have connected before thanks for the information and the company you recommend look good, interesting or surprising Skype works well on Digitaria for NZ/Aussie first thing in the morning, not so flash in afternoon or evening. But thank you to everyone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back