TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
We're half way through a very difficult year and with my wife fighting (and currently beating) cancer it's made us have a good look at how we spend our time together as a family. We've been enjoying the benefits of buying a merlin annual pass and our next big plan is to buy a motorhome so we can have even more adventures together. We have 2 children, a boy 9 and girl 7. The plan is to get a motorhome for next summer and other than wanting something with 4 seatbelts and separate beds for the kids we are quite open to ideas. The budgets going to be around 5 to 10k depending on when my wife can get back to work and to begin with we will be aiming for lots of weekends away but want to build up to touring France and beyond.
So far we've been looking on ebay but want to go to a few shows to get some ideas.
Does anyone know:
1) Any shows worth visiting, we are in Manchester?
2) Any where else to look within our budget that isn't ebay?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Welcome TheDeckKing. :welc:
So pleased to hear your wife is beating this awful disease. :)
I'm not qualified to offer advice on your question but someone will be along soon to advise on shows in your area I'm sure. (y)

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Welcome to the funsters TheDeckKing . Sorry to hear about your wife's illness, best wishes for a full recovery ASAP. You could try a look at Glossop Caravans , the sell new and preloved motorhomes and may have something to tempt you. Also a visit to the motorhome and caravan show at Trafford Park in January will have plenty of stuff to tempt you and help you decide on a layout if nothing else.
Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome, do make sure you get a lay out suits your family, you want it to be comfortable when you are in it, when looking on e bay check for scams there are a awful lot around, if you find one pop it on the forum with a link to it a few knowledgeable motorhomes on here that can spot the scams.

Make use of the forum the £10 you spend will save you lots in the end.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi DeckKing and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Pleased your wife is beating this awful disease and wish you well in finding a suitable motorhome. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:welc:

Serious illness makes you totally re-evaluate your life priorities.

Enjoy what you have now, none of us know what is round the corner.

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just wanted to let you know Steph had surgery on Saturday to remove the tumour. It went well and even though it was major she's already been back on her feet and will hopefully be home this week. Searching for our first MoHo will resume soon:)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and a warm welcome to MHF.enjoy your time here(y)
brian and jo

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Just wanted to let you know Steph had surgery on Saturday to remove the tumour. It went well and even though it was major she's already been back on her feet and will hopefully be home this week. Searching for our first MoHo will resume soon:)

Hi DeckKing, this is really good news and the search for a new MoHo is just what she needs to keep her mind occupied meanwhile! I wish you both the best of everything!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Keep fighting it all every inch of the way and let us all know if we can be of any help when you do get around to picking your MH :)

The main event will be at the NEC Birmingham in October. While it'll show all the new MH's available, it'll give you a brilliant insight into layouts, pitfalls, work top space, fridges, kitchens etc and especially the sleeping arrangements. I did 3 of these shows and then got exactly what I wanted secondhand :)

Good luck with it all :)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981

Welcome DeckKing, Great news, we are rooting for you all.

The Boss Lady is a survivor so I understand what you are/have been going through.

You will get all the help and advice you could need here, possibly laced with some sarcasm and wit but all done with the best possible taste, :whistle2:.

Only found this madhouse about 6 months ago myself but I have learned so much from it.

Please keep us informed with how you are all doing.

Best wishes,

Hymie

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Latest update on Steph: Got the pathology results today and all is good. There's a clear margin around the tumour and it's not shown up in any lymph nodes or surrounding tissue.
We've got 5 years of checks and test ahead but the worst is hopefully now behind us.
Thank you for all your kind comments we're off to crack open a bottle of wine and celebrate :wine:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Great news about Mrs Deckking...let's hope the worst is behind you(y)(y)
Welcome to this great forum & Club:welc:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Glad to hear things are improving for your wife, fingers crossed for the next 5 years of checks.
I would agree that Preloved does have a good listing and I have infact sold a MH via their website. However do check, check and check again, as Carol has posted previously there are a lot of scams. Happy hunting, it is part of the fun.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Welcome to you and your family. So pleased that your wife's results. My partner had cancer 2 years ago. All clear now but still tested every six months.
Made us realise that life's to short and we want to enjoy everyday.
We love our Moho and are away most weekends.
If you can get to the show next week in the nec I would recommend going. It gives you an insight into so many different vans and layouts and might make choosing easier.
Keep us all posted

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome, I'm pleased that things seem to on the up for your wife, I hope you find your "ideal" motor home and that you enjoy your travels when you do.

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks everyone. We've already found a MoHo. Baz can be seen on my other threads. Can't make the show at the NEC but will hopefully make it to a fun rally in the future

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
Welcome TheDeckKing It sounds like you have had some anxious times. Good luck with sourcing a van and maybe we may see you along the way one of these days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back