Villagers form barricade to stop convoy of travellers (1 Viewer)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
is this site acsi or is it a aire ? :roflmto:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Well guess what.....every piece of scum from the EU and beyond has discovered the 'everymans right to roam' law in Sweden and Finland and has been fully asbusing it.....as they have been in the cities in those countries. Funny how :whatthe:all :whatthe:the street beggars and people who go through the bins every couple of minutes abuse the public transport system (and god only knows what else) appear to be of non EU descent. The governments of both countries appear to be helpless at present to get this scum off the streets and out of their country......

The main problem appears to be because these previously very law abiding countries have such small police forces they simply do not have the capability to deal with what is happening, especially in Helsinki. The EU has been a disaster IMHO for their general populaton.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
believe me, its not a problem for them.

been working on a council travellers site near us and the place is over run with £20000 caravans, transits, expensive 4x4 pickups and high end cars....not one of them more than 4 years old.

[COLOR="LightBlue"[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]]unfortunately for the rest of us we pay council tax and income tax at a minimum 20%[/COLOR].[/COLOR]

to them the word "tax man" is like the tooth fairy....a myth.

imagine how much better off you would be if you didnt pay any taxes and made a very good living from your work

Those who employ them to save a few bob are equally to blame.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree, but to be honest if you saw their vehicles in the street you wouldn't know they were gypsies.

The vehicles are clean and professionally sign written....the only thing missing is a landline number.
There are roofers, double glazers etc etc and they must advertise somewhere so Joe Public would be none the wiser...even maybe getting a satisfactory result from some.

Last edited:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
[quote
The vehicles are clean and professionally sign written....the only thing missing is a landline number.
There are roofers, double glazers etc etc and they must advertise somewhere so Joe Public would be none the wiser...even maybe getting a satisfactory result from some.[/I][/B][/quote]

I know of an instance where an apparently legit company subcontracted drivelaying work to these people. It was cheaper, it seems than doing it himself. His business didn't prosper thank goodness.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
believe me, its not a problem for them.

been working on a council travellers site near us and the place is over run with £20000 caravans, transits, expensive 4x4 pickups and high end cars....not one of them more than 4 years old.

unfortunately for the rest of us we pay council tax and income tax at a minimum 20%.

to them the word "tax man" is like the tooth fairy....a myth.

imagine how much better off you would be if you didnt pay any taxes and made a very good living from your work.

Is there no way that the tax man could roll-up whenever these people show up and start investigating where they are getting the money from to pay for this stuff.

Surely, if there is good reason to suspicious that tax has not been paid then they have a right to ask some friendly questions.

And after they've sorted out the 'travellers' maybe they could ask Google, Amazon, Apple, and Starbucks some tax-related questions too ;-)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
errr they dont pay tax on cash purchases of stolen vans and cars. number plates are often cloned, so the system says tax and mot up to date

sending the taxman therefore would be a joke. send in the police and DVSA (was VOSA) to test the vehicles and check vin numbers etc. but of course Itinerants are a protected species

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
if you have Itinerants near you theres a very good way of getting rid of them, a friend of mine is a copper, we had some of these scum bags camp up on a kiddies playing field near where I live, my friend along with another copper got hold of one of those high pitched whistles only dogs can hear, one night, every hour on the hour they would drive slowly past blowing the whistle out the window, all the dogs the travelers had would go mad hearing it, next day just before knocking off his night shift, they drove past the site and saw them packing up to leave, when he spoke to them they said they never had such a bad nights sleep as the dogs kept going crazy and keeping them up, they were sure they had pulled onto "cursed" land and something terrible must have happened in the past wich still haunts the place .

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Believe that the gorgeous town of East Wittering has also been invaded by them too :(

Was there last week and a whole horde of them had arrived on a grassed area, next to the public carpark.

Usual transit vans, 4x4's, generators, a mixture of expensive motorhomes, caravans, washing out and even one of them outside doing her ironing in her undies on the grass :Eeek:

They'd only been there a few days, but already was a worry. Shame they really are such a blight on the community. If they wanted to fit into society and the local area then maybe people would be a lot more tolerant of them, but the crime rate goes up, people don't feel safe on their own streets, kids are threatened and they get away scot free from paying the same to the powers that be, as you and I do. Trouble is you just don't know they're coming do you, until you open a curtain and there they are, dirtying up the countryside.

Heartbreaking for the locals really.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
we had an invasion not far from us, at dusk on the first night a group of yobs stood on a bank a short distance away and started lobbing stone's on the van's, they left early next morning

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I used to do some work for a Romany family - lovely people and I have nothing bad to say about them. The other travelers are a different matter.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I live in a reasonably large village and the local lads stoned the Itinerants when they came out of the pub late on. They were gone next morning but still left a hell of a mess.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Should have added that I didn't go to the Steam Fair for many years due to work before attending last year, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. And it should also have read ......bolt croppers. Flipping auto correct:Sad:
If he wants to be bolting choppers, who are we to argue, hee hee

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cannot believe that our so called Government will not find half an hour to change the law of TRESPASS from a CIVIL offence to a CRIMINAL one so that The Police can act at once,,simples BUSBY:):)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Cannot believe that our so called Government will not find half an hour to change the law of TRESPASS from a CIVIL offence to a CRIMINAL one so that The Police can act at once,,simples BUSBY:):)
That would criminalise a lot of harmless people - wild campers on occasions I suspect, kids next door, walkers who stray off a path, etc, etc. I'm as frustrated as anyone else over the activities of "travellers" but changing the law isn't the answer. What would make them re-consider their lifestyle would be the Police prosecuting every offence they commit and actively targeting traveller communities to do so.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That would criminalise a lot of harmless people - wild campers on occasions I suspect, kids next door, walkers who stray off a path, etc, etc. I'm as frustrated as anyone else over the activities of "travellers" but changing the law isn't the answer. What would make them re-consider their lifestyle would be the Police prosecuting every offence they commit and actively targeting traveller communities to do so.
Which is why it would take a heck of a lot longer than half an hour to come up with a workable Act.

john1953

Free Member
May 29, 2014
middlewich, cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
since 2007
We have big problems with travelers in Cheshire made worse by the council who are intent on bending over backwards for these social unwants.
Quite a few have bought up bits of land and have found it easy to get planning permission from the council to set up permanent sites, these are not so bad as they have over time integrated to a certain degree although we have to put up with speeding transit pick-ups and rubbish left in layby's, but now the council have decided to build a permanent transiant traveler site for gypsies who travel through the area, this is at a cost of nearly 4 million pounds, when you think they make NO contribution what so ever to society and take anything thats not nailed down, it staggers me.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This happened near here, the Police came and said those blocking the entrance would be done for causing an obstruction. The playing field was duly invaded and they left a week later just like they said they would. Can't remember if they cleared up after themselves.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
many do pay tax.
its also a legal requirement for councils to have places for traveling folk.
the rules have been around along time but many councils havnt been doing it .

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This happened near here, the Police came and said those blocking the entrance would be done for causing an obstruction. The playing field was duly invaded and they left a week later just like they said they would. Can't remember if they cleared up after themselves.
Typical Plod and why would they not 'do' the travellers for obstructing the freedom of the villagers and cricket players in their access and fly tipping the rubbish

Peter

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
the council have decided to build a permanent transiant traveler site for gypsies who travel through the area,
The council have little choice. As Alan says, it is a legal requirement - and has been for many years. By all means blast councils when it is their fault but not when it isn't :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last year my mate went to his office at his on a Saturday morning to find a Itinerants motorhome outside and various caravans & trucks around the estate. He phoned the landlords agent, they said don't don't worry about it we get some boys round. In a couple of hours all the travellers were gone. When my mate spoke to the agent he ask if what the police thought agent said they don't mind they just turn a blind eye.
Mate did find out the hard way they don't crap in their own loos, had to get his workers to clear up the s**t.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
The best I heard was a local farmer who asked them to move politely off his field as it was a working farm and his cows were going on that field.
The said no they were staying so he went out and started spraying the field upwind with manure after digging a drainage ditch across the entrance.
He then charged them a fee to be able to leave (in a hurry) for him to build a "bridge" across the drainage ditch.
He never had a problem with them again.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We have a large group of " travellers " on our local football/ recreation field. I shall be sleeping with my windows open. This happens every year in the run up to the Great Dorset Steam Fair, which saddens me to say that I shall never be going to again. My grandfather helped Mike Oliver set it up and I went for the first 25 years. My last visit a year ago terrified me, groups of grubby looking males eyeing up anything in sight. Even saw the police pull over a teenage girl carrying a pair of bolt choppers. I have never felt so unsafe in my life. My friend who shows a small engine said that they have to have 24 hour police security round their vehicles. What a sad state of affairs. I went to school with many gypsies who are disgusted by these so called travellers and do not wish to be associated with them at all. And by the way.....the burglary rate has suddenly risen in my area.......can't think why!!!

Looks like a CI Carioca (Could be the Cornish)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we had two move on to the fields at the back of our houses. they got on by pulling out the guardposts. but then a old dear lay across the gap. then some other people came and joined them. so the others could not get on. the Itinerants rang the police to get them to move the locals. but before the police came. someone had welded the posts back again. so the two that was in there was stuck. and no more could get in. so the Itinerants had to go. but I did feel sorry for the two who got in. one was very badly damaged. the other one was painted. I have never seen one that many colures . and flat tyres. it took the Itinerants 6 hours to get there vans and cars the next morning. they have not been back since. fingers crossed.

john1953

Free Member
May 29, 2014
middlewich, cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
since 2007
The council have little choice. As Alan says, it is a legal requirement - and has been for many years. By all means blast councils when it is their fault but not when it isn't :)

I realize the council had a legal obligation, but to spend 4 million pounds on 10 pitches which includes converting a grade 2 listed barn into a toilet block, that just doesn't make any economical sense, a neighboring council has managed to do it for 55,000 pounds, and as for travelers paying tax, not round here they dont.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well then out vote the council .
you or someone living near you voted them in .
we cant help you if your local community made a mistake .

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back