camping and caravan club cs site from hell (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
just had the worst stay ever at a cs site.I wont name it but its in long itchington.supposed to be a 5 unit site,actual, 17 tents inc trailer tents nine caravans and three motorhomes. loos are in an old wooden shack although clean they are in poor condition.no hot water at washup area.as for showers forget it no hot water from them either.drinking water on a hose from behind wash up area...on day of arrival two huge horseboxes containing ,show great bernhards arrived .and day two there was a huge stag night party. now I maybe sounding like a grumpy old man but this is not my idea of a cs. and it costs £15 per night. found a proper a few mile up the road so went there £8 per night, lovely.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you have hit one my real pet hates, I have some sympathy for site owners who have the set up and running costs and look at empty pitches over winter maybe, but that is not our fault, to profit out of us is not right, fair or even legal, although on our recent trip to Arran we stayed on a CS, where they were allowed 5 caravans or MH's plus 5 tents. Still nowhere near your site though

I am amazed you stayed three nights though, I would have probably not stayed for one, but certainly gone after the first

Glad you are happy on new site though and better off too :D (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Lot to be said for the peace of mind found by booking into a regular site. :)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
will read reviews next time I book into cs site I have not been to before.at boroughbridge ccc site tomorrow I know that's a great site,sort of makes up for the rotten one.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I can beat that, we stayed at a CS in the North-East which had 6 caravans/motorhomes, 24 tents, 3 ready-erected tents and a bunk-house all using one toilet for each sex, one shower each sex and large commercial bins which were overflowing by the day after emptying. Owner never there but somehow miraculously, a piece of paper was pinned to the gate each day telling new arrivals what pitch number they were to go on and to put money through the letter-box. We stayed there along with friends, both of us wrote to the C&CC to complain and their entry was removed from the next years book but re-appeared the year after and they still have a paid advert in the club magazine every month. It's my one pet hate about the C&CC CS's, there can be unlimited tents, not so with the CC.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I can beat that, we stayed at a CS in the North-East which had 6 caravans/motorhomes, 24 tents, 3 ready-erected tents and a bunk-house all using one toilet for each sex, one shower each sex and large commercial bins which were overflowing by the day after emptying. Owner never there but somehow miraculously, a piece of paper was pinned to the gate each day telling new arrivals what pitch number they were to go on and to put money through the letter-box. We stayed there along with friends, both of us wrote to the C&CC to complain and their entry was removed from the next years book but re-appeared the year after and they still have a paid advert in the club magazine every month. It's my one pet hate about the C&CC CS's, there can be unlimited tents, not so with the CC.
All about making money, my friend. The site owner makes his, the C&CC make their's out of the adds, and at the end of this lucrative chain lies.....YOU! CC and C&CC are not CLUBS....Clubs look after their members, are responsive to complaints, strive to make life easier and more pleasurable for those who pay their yearly subs. The two major 'clubs' in this country are just money making businesses, full stop.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
That does sound like hell! I did not realise that they could have tents on them .
I have booked into 3 CC CLs next week in Norfolk and hope that they only have 5 vans . In the past we have found the CC CLs to be OK but some a bit basic but never more than 5 vans .

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We've never had problems with CC CL's either, just seems to be C&CC problem so we no longer use their CS's.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
All about making money, my friend. The site owner makes his, the C&CC make their's out of the adds, and at the end of this lucrative chain lies.....YOU! CC and C&CC are not CLUBS....Clubs look after their members, are responsive to complaints, strive to make life easier and more pleasurable for those who pay their yearly subs. The two major 'clubs' in this country are just money making businesses, full stop.
so,so, right tootles but I do notice its the C&CC CS sites that are the worst offenders the CC ones seem to be toeing the line.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try booking a CL or cs with no toilet less chance of getting loads of tents

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun