Leaving your pitch (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
Just picked up our first M/H today, packing it up for a trip to Wales in the morning.

Just thinking what's best to leave on a pitch to reserve it whilst out for the day, can you help by telling me what you use?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It will all depend on what type of site you are on

Bigger sites will have your pitch number allocated to your name so should not need marking

Smaller CL type you can leave whatever you like, some have personalised plates, some leave a waste container or electric lead (usually still plugged in :Eeek:)

but you could always chance it you might get a better pitch when you get back (y)

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We leave a polite sign attached to the EHU saying that we'll be back, to which is attached a photo of a very large and aggressive looking Alsatian (4 Legged). We have a laugh when we can see people craning their necks to see the non-existent dog leave the van. Seriously we've never had a problem on large or small sites but then we rarely 'travel' in UK in peak season.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
On club sites your pitch is "booked" so no need to leave anything (although we do have a sign with a spare number plate that we could use). Generally we aren't on a site for more than a day or two before we move on. After we are "pitched up" we either use bikes or public transport to explore the local area.

It's so easy to move from place to place in a motorhome that sometimes we only go 50 miles (or less) from the previous site...... but everyone uses their motorhome differently, no wrong or right way, whatever suits you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We left a hook up lead on a pitch at damage Barton once left the pich for about an hour came back lead gone very rarely leave the pitch these days walk or catch buses if we do leave I leave a number plate on a stake not as usefull as a hookup lead to any one else.

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Having taken on board your advice, a large picture of the wife it is then.

Thanks for your insight and heart felt responses.

I like you!(y) You're a very very brave man!:D

Upvote 0

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Last week we were camping at the Rugby club in Leamington and for the first time in 6 years we left our pitch reserved sign plus the EHU cable . When we returned a tent had set up on our pitch with our sign discarded and our cable was being used inside the tent . Life,s too short to get wound up just requested my cable and moved to another pitch

Upvote 0

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Last week we were camping at the Rugby club in Leamington and for the first time in 6 years we left our pitch reserved sign plus the EHU cable . When we returned a tent had set up on our pitch with our sign discarded and our cable was being used inside the tent . Life,s too short to get wound up just requested my cable and moved to another pitch
you mean you left the tent up when you moved to another pitch...........guess you are a lot more tolerant than me,,,,:devil:

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
We leave a number plate on a snake stake in the grass. :)
Ditto, I ordered a duplicate plate on the interweb without any bureaucratic bull and leave it on the pitch using our warning triangle for support,seems to work for us never had a problem.

Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
The caravan club sell a sign "motorcaravan using this pitch" mine is mounted on a pioce of wood with a pole it looks very professional if i do say so myself

Upvote 0

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
The caravan club sell a sign "motorcaravan using this pitch" mine is mounted on a pioce of wood with a pole it looks very professional if i do say so myself

better still, what about a motorhomeFUNster is using this pitch..
am sure somebody could come up with a suitable design with the yellow smiley, jim could sell them from the shop.. :)
and another thought, personalised with forum username too perhaps..

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
am sure somebody could come up with a suitable design with the yellow smiley, jim could sell them from the shop.. :)

I could do this. @Jim Shall I do a sample and send it to you?

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
without wishing to hijack this thread, how many people leave their pitch mid stay, we never have

do our sightseeing and shopping on the move to new locations after max 3 nights so far

it has probably been asked before but I will start a new thread

Upvote 0

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
i am disabled so we used to go off every day in the van before we had the toad,,but we never had a problem as most sites give you a sign to put up saying reserved pitch.....you just need to ask and talk to the people who run the site.......

Upvote 0

Yotanka

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie

I think thats a great idea... I want one... maybe a cartoonie kind of sign.. come on Jim get a cracking ;)

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The caravan club sell a sign "motorcaravan using this pitch" mine is mounted on a piece of wood with a pole it looks very professional if i do say so myself
Same here.

I think I've only used it twice & one of those was to keep a slot next to BreweryDave at the SMC Newark open weekend. They are useful if you use CC sites though. The CC don't allocate pitches - you go round & chose your own, then tell them which one you're on. If you chose one that was in use by a motorhome that had gone out for the day, you wouldn't know it was in use until you went back to the office, unless they'd left a pitch-in-use marker.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back