OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
try a good radiator and engine flush if it's anold van you would be surprised at the amount of crud that builds up in there , i only use distiled water in mine it reduces the limescale build up . ;););)STAN

I think I will get this done at the earliest opportunity.

try downloading the service/repair manual from my dropbox account, as it will help you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grfvdred22pbytc/Mercedes-207-208-210-307-308-310-408-410D.pdf?dl=0

I have the original owners manual which came with the van. I have also downloaded this now. Thank you so much - brilliant! I have some bed time reading!!! :)

Went for a short drive today. It runs beautifully without a glitch until you hit those hills, then the temp just goes up and up!

It occurred to me that we are looking at this problem wrong. Well, I was any way!

It really doe snot matter (Doe snot!?!? lol) Does not! matter what this darned noise is. If the van never overheats again, I will never hear the noise again. So lets try and figure out why it is overheating, and how we can stop it!!!!!

If I was on the UK I would have the fans fitted which Tootles posted about, and get all the other stuff done too as mentioned in this post. I just don't know how to get it all done in Portugal. However - I have got a couple of really good people around me who are helping. So hopefully come Monday I will be well on the way to having this and my prop shaft problems fixed! :) Fingers crossed.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I think I will get this done at the earliest opportunity.

I have the original owners manual which came with the van. I have also downloaded this now. Thank you so much - brilliant! I have some bed time reading!!! :)

Went for a short drive today. It runs beautifully without a glitch until you hit those hills, then the temp just goes up and up!

It occurred to me that we are looking at this problem wrong. Well, I was any way!

It really doe snot matter (Doe snot!?!? lol) Does not! matter what this darned noise is. If the van never overheats again, I will never hear the noise again. So lets try and figure out why it is overheating, and how we can stop it!!!!!

If I was on the UK I would have the fans fitted which Tootles posted about, and get all the other stuff done too as mentioned in this post. I just don't know how to get it all done in Portugal. However - I have got a couple of really good people around me who are helping. So hopefully come Monday I will be well on the way to having this and my prop shaft problems fixed! :) Fingers crossed.
GOOD LUCK(y)

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The problem, I think, is solved.

A new thermostat has been fitted.

Although it has not been burning hot and we have not had any huge hills, the running we have done since is markedly improved. The hills we have climbed, albeit less steep, have not seen any major fluctuation in temperatures. In fact the temp has been stable regardless of terrain. My understanding is that it was not opening fully.

So!!!!! As long as it is no longer overheating, I doubt I will ever hear that awful noise again. Result!

They also checked the gear box oil levels and they were fine.

Hopefully that is the end of this saga. I will let you know how things go!!! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back