What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Installing cupboards, trawling Bank Holiday car boot sales first thing, then working Sunday and Monday. Can't be arsed with Bank Holidays.

However, we're off with an empty car on a buying trip to one of Europe's biggest antiques/collector's fairs in a couple of weeks - expanding the business into Europe within a year of starting up. Is there no end to my rampant capitalist ambition?

That sounds very interesting to me.........I'd like to get along to an antiques fair somewhere, it seems like a lot of fun and a great day out(y) Did you watch French Collection? I'm looking forward to the new series starting.......

Margaret:)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yesterday ( Thursday ) we were at the campsite opposite spring willows on the way in to scarborough. Just us and the dogs.
Think it's called spittle farm. Nice little pub.
Spent the afternoon there .

Next day Friday (today ) went into Scarborough . We set off early , and got down to the front early 8 pm. Found a nice spot plenty room . Near old pump station.
Made a full Monty breakfast. Went up to scarborough castle and had a look around it. In all the years we've visited scarborough , we've never been up there.
Then went up into the town , Ralph treat me to a new gold charm for my bracelet from the pandora shop. Lucky me.
We had some Fish n chips for lunch , donuts, clotted cream fudge , ice cream . Fat as pigs. But you have to pig out in Scarborough .

Moved on to monks farm , temp holiday site with leeds da. ( still Friday)
There's a proper campsite next door with a icecream parlour. Nice walk into robin hoods bay down the cinder track. ( old train line)
Went to local pub , for a quiet drink and meal , but when we saw people arriving from the DA rally that we were on with ukes , flutes, a harp, drum thing with a whisk ,banjo, guitar, obo and other instruments.......we made a swift exit . Watching tv now. Knackered.

Tomorrow , Saturday staying at fox and rabbit at Pickering. But before we park up for the evening were off to Runswick bay for a walk down to the beach with dogs . Meal booked in the pub for the evening.
Sunday we'll go to Dalby forest , nice walks , got food in the fridge for lunch. Then back to the fox n rabbit again.
Monday visit Pickering , then make our way home at tea time.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Catching up on housework. Typing up my assessments for health funding, park run in the morning, grooming Tara, running a canal marathon on Sunday, cleaning the van and the car out, drinking vodka,

And who knows might even have a session in bed with Nikki......:D

What? :rolleyes:

You did ask...:sleep:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Dawlish Air Show tomorrow with the Red Arrows and the 2 Avro Lancasters plus loads of other great planes.
Should be seeing the same at the Strubby airfield memorial dedication on Sunday afternoon. Plus a Spitfire flypast.

Then drop OH back home, retrace my steps plus another mile or so to Alford for the end of the Morris Day of Dance & the subsequent pub based music & song session. Assuming there is room in the car park, won't be heading home until after breakfast Monday.

Before all that, on Sat night I have a ceilidh to call for with a band I've never worked with before. That'll get the adrenaline pumping!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
:cry:I am at work all weekend:cry:, However I have the opportunity to rub Rory (our van) in places he doesn't normally get rubbed. So once again every cloud etc...... Oh and he's undercover too which he loves!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We did think of going to Kirkcudbright this weekend but with the end of the Festivities it was all booked up. Next year maybe :)

Graham, we usually avoid KBT when there are Festivities on, parking can be a problem when it's busy with all these foreigners coming in;)......but do let us know if you're ever planning a visit, your very welcome to pop over. Or we can meet up for a coffee somewhere(y)

Margaret

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
That sounds very interesting to me.........I'd like to get along to an antiques fair somewhere, it seems like a lot of fun and a great day out(y) Did you watch French Collection? I'm looking forward to the new series starting.......

Whenever you're in France, keep an eye out for 'Brocantes' (antique fairs) and 'Vides Greniers' (literally 'attic sales') which are their car boot sales. The event we're off to in September is apparently huge:

http://www.braderie-de-lille.fr/

..so it's anyone's guess how we organise ourselves for that. We've got a hotel and a chunnel ticket sorted sorted so we'll make it up as we go along.

I watched a couple of 'French Collection' episodes and was interested in the buying bits (and phrases for getting discounts) but couldn't see much point in the second half where they go traipsing round trying to flog their gear at a huge mark-up mainly to trendy restaurant owners. Truth be told, the only antiquey programme I have much time for is 'Dickenson's Real Deal', which is excellent reference material. It's a funny old way to make a living and that's for sure.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Were just leaving in the van to spend a weekend in Oxford, catch up with my Mum and wander around that great city. How are you spending this weekend? Doing anything nice?

Leaving Oxford tomorrow to go to Wings & Wheels at Dunsfold - the Vulcan and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - otherwise would have invited you round for refreshments!!

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Off to wigrams site on Sat, then cinema on Sunday in the forest 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at Cannock Chase. Hope its stays dry:)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
The one near Gt Leighs ? If so, that's where we keep our wagon

It most certainly is. I wonder if the security "airlock" has been fixed yet.

Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Off to wigrams site on Sat, then cinema on Sunday in the forest 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at Cannock Chase. Hope its stays dry:)

If it rains hard enough you could be watching "Close encounters of the blurred kind" :groan::whistle2::whistle2:

Hope it stays dry for you, enjoy,

Hymie.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham, we usually avoid KBT when there are Festivities on, parking can be a problem when it's busy with all these foreigners coming in;)......but do let us know if you're ever planning a visit, your very welcome to pop over. Or we can meet up for a coffee somewhere(y)

Margaret
Thanks Margaret. We used to tent camp at Silvercraigs in the 1980s, middle two weeks of the English school holidays, so used to see the Thursday show and, sometimes, the Riding of the Bounds but have never seen the finale. I suppose parking isn't a problem if the van is parked up the hill and we just walk :)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Leaving the loved one at home, (that's the wife not the motorhome), whilst I'm off for a two day reunion on Sunday with my old RAF Marham Fire Service buddies who were all stationed there in the early 80's. We also have a visit planned to the Museum of RAF Fire Fighting at RAF Scampton. http://firemuseum.co.uk/ Looking forward to seeing and having a few drinks with some old freinds.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Beer festival this evening & Dawlish Air Show tomorrow (y)

We are also off to the Dawlish Air Show this afternoon to see the Red Arrows...........I can feel a lump starting to form in my throat already......................

The Tinca's

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Train to Nottingham to see no. 2 daughter for two nights. Bargain price of £36 return for both of us.

Ian

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beer festival this evening & Dawlish Air Show tomorrow (y)
We are at Dawlish at the c&cc meet for the air show then hopefully to falmouth for the Tall Ships , c &cc , ths fully booked at £12 a night
clear.png

MCC £8 per person per night ooops thats £16 ,
clear.png

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We're at MileBank Farm caravan site at Whitchurch Shropshire, just going to walk dog into town and sample a brew.:)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Will I'm sitting in Jim's place ( very soundless other than the birds - PERFECT ) whilst wife is visiting family. This is a gem of a place, if you're in the area you would be silly not to pop in. Here until Wednesday or Thursday.

Now back to my daydreaming.....................

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Didn't make it away. :( So far today I've cut the grass and the hedge.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
A few of us (7 vans) are at Rutland Water. Weather coolish but when the sun's out it's quite pleasant. Might be having a bike ride to the boozer this afternoon.(y) BBQ tomorrow.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Nothing this weekend, BUT, the second its over we are "off, " down to Cornwall via seeing friends on route..

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Not away as planned originally we should be at the Upton festival, but house plans changed that, but we did go out for a celebratory meal last night for our 30th anniversary today and then onto a friends party (convenient eh lolol) planning to visit Swansea today and another lunch out ..diet is out the window this w/e :party3: :party3: :party3:

Kath xx

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:wine::wine:In a Field 1.3 miles from home at Binton Social Club.
Set up sunday drinks and Charity BBQ Monday.
Sometimes life is tough:rofl::rofl:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We are on shell island its lovely here eating drinking camp fires beach and walking
and sunshine.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
DSC_0899.jpg
DSC_0897.jpg
DSC_0894.jpg
At Dawlish for the Air show with two of our grandsons, also our first outing in the Laika so a bit of learning to do. The fireworks on Thursday at Dawlish Warren were a great start to the weekend followed by the Red Arrows and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Crab fishing off the Red Rock is a big favourite with the boys. Great to meet Suggy and Rose there.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back