LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :winky:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. ::bigsmile:

Best wishes ...... Robin

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are interested. Depends very much on if we go on a cruise or not.......... Supposed to be my 60th birthday treat but bought a new van instead:Blush:

Have to see a bit later in the year - thanks for the heads up :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I'll have to check on the EHU situation. :Doh: Will report back.

No activities firmed up yet except for NYE itself. We want to see if its likely to be a runner, before planning too much detail. Thanks for all the responses so far.

Robin

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
New years eve

Very interested

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Re EHU. There are two spare electric points, but it will add £10 to the rally cost as that's what they have to pay for them. It's possible you might lose it for short periods during the day to allow others to recharge batteries given the time of year.

If Rob1Chelse1 and TeddyBard are still interested and want me to book them, please let us know.

Thanks .... Robin

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
We may be interested pending more details but wouldnt be able to do all 4 days 2 or 3 max due to employment status "self" but we are considering doing something MH related for new years......

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just to advise, that we've not forgotten this. Hoping that the decision to go or not go will be in the next week or so.

Anyone else 'interested'?

Best wishes ... Robin

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We would be very interested as it is not far from us let us know

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all. Apologies for the long silence. Entirely my fault! The working 'less hours' hasn't worked out and I'm busier than ever. Good for income, but pants for getting other things done! :(

Yes this is now definite. Attendees are asked to send a £20 deposit to the main organiser Stephen Harper who is possibly best reached by asking him to be your friend at https://www.facebook.com/stephen.harper.9849 or if you message us, I will forward. Stephen has now set up a private Facebook Group that you will be invited to once confirmed. We currently have about 15 units very interested with I think nine who have paid the deposit.

The FB group is so that more details can be shared and to allow people to put forward any questions and or ideas for activities.

We'll be at Malvern if anyone has any questions or just wants a chat about Silly Suffolk and the fools that live here! (y)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Would like to chat @ Malvern before we make a definite decision & I have to plan what days im taking off in advance.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Would like to chat @ Malvern before we make a definite decision & I have to plan what days im taking off in advance.
That would be great. Look out for the silly old fool on black crutches!

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We are waiting to find out whether Alans driving licence will be renewed he is 70 in September if all ok we definiately want to come so will pay the deposit then is there a limit on the number of motorhomes

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all.

We managed to chat to Roger and Sheila, but were unable to find RS_Rob and were unable to get on-line while at Malvern. If you are about, please reply or PM me.

best wishes ...... Robin

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Unfortunately my van has been in the shop for 2 weeks now so we missed out, im really fed up right now :( been looking forward to Malvern all year.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks cruiser. The main organiser is currently on holiday in France but I think the limit is 30 or 40 units. I don't think we are anywhere near that though, but will endeavour to find out.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi DiddyDoddy.

The tiny number of available EHU's are taken except that we are keeping one to rotate between all those without it to top up batteries etc. We will be running on gas and batteries as we have done in the past and an hour on hookup tops up the batteries.

We also have full use of the hall throughout so we don't expect to spend much time in the MH. With the gas on the lowest setting overnight we've been out in -7 with no problems with cold. (not that we are expecting it to be that cold :cool:). If you are nervous about using gas overnight, CO2 alarms are very cheap now and are a good reassurance.

Hopefully you will still wish to join us.

DiddyDoddy

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Funster No
Thanks for letting us know,we are ok of grid with gas and solar back up,the use of EHU for top up sounds good.
Is it ok to bring the gene if i did need to use it.
Not a problem if not.
You can count us in,we look forward to it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back