Rally Malvern Western Motorhome Show CLOSED FULL (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Another great funster weekend Thanks to all involved, roll on the next one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for a great few days all. Thanks Pam and Brisey, Jim and Sian and all the other helpers. Loved the young lads synchro dancing absolutely fab. Band was brilliant and company was excellent. A big thanks to Cruizer and Martin for amusing Francesca. She does so love her Star Man. She loved all the dogs and tried to sneak Tara and Angus home with her. Hope to be able to do it again next year. Highlight of the weekend Mavis slightly inubriated dancing the night away.
Nice to catch up with Paul and Nikki.

Sonja Kevin and Francesca

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Another great Funster meet, thank you again to Brian & Pam, John & Angela for their hard work marshalling to Sian & Jim for making it happen, to all the funsters old and new for the fun and laughs and especially to all the Funster musicians and singers for adding the magic. :clap2:::bigsmile:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we forgot ours got to jun 16 m1.had to turn around and go back for them.but we had a great time.can we thank all the funsters we met,and sian and jim,and all the rest of you who made it a really great time.same place same time next year.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry gail we forgot to mention your pim[p]s party.it was really great.thanky you and tony.we will get in touch with mason.and iet you know.all the best the butlers.

litcher

Free Member
Sep 30, 2012
RH4 2AN
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2004
Home safely after having had a great time once again. Thanks to Jim and Sian, Pam and Brisey and everyone else who made it such a good weekend. Really enjoyed the band and thanks to Barrie for my uke lesson. I proudly took my new uke home, showed my son how it was tuned and he said that's how they're usually tuned, took it from me and put my four or five chords to shame. :-( He's a very good guitarist but I didn't know he could play the uke. Lots of practising coming up when he's out of earshot!

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry teddybard,my eyesight is not as good as it should be.if you had worn your tigers shirt I might have spotted you.

betray

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
Lakes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Years and years
It was good to meet so many of you, and to be able to put more faces to names. It was a good weekend, even if it was hard work as the showground was creaking at the seams with the number of attendees. Do hope you all travelled safely and we look forward to meeting more of you at Lincoln.

Beth and Ray

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs, I wouldn't know where to start .. well, I would, but it would never finish .. when I want to thank everyone for the wonderful weekend. Thanks Jim and Sian, Geraldine my dancing partner, Terry for all your help, Steve Just Looking for being brilliant as ever, Ken, Carol and Eddie, the band (both lots), Polly and Dave, Mousey for making me smile, Brisey and Pamela, Colin for the lovely meal, Gail for the generous Pimms party, Dee for just being Dee, Cruiser, the young men and lady who tried to include Geraldine and I in the Diversity dance group, Lugnutt, Janet Ludo for the lovely present, oh dear ... it just goes on and on and on and on so you all know who you are .... Brilliant weekend .. thank you all. xx

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
I would just like to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome this weekend. This was our first rally and we can't wait to see you all again at Lincoln. We had a great time what a lovely group of people you are :):unsure:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Well, that was quite a weekend! :) Many thanks to all of you who made it what it was - either by helping organise everything, playing the music (which was fantastic all weekend) or by just being the thoroughly nice people you all were.

We put some more names to faces, so have some more lifelong friends (you'll never get rid of us now!!) :ROFLMAO:

Sorry we retreated a bit on Sunday. Jane overdid it a bit on Saturday & was about wiped out & I wasn't far behind. She can whizz about in the wheelchair but my poor old legs aren't really up to a show as big as that! More judicious use of the bike at Lincoln, I think.

Reading these posts makes me realise just how many people we haven't met yet, despite sharing a field & a marquee. Only one conclusion - keep going to rallies!

Thanks again for all the hard work by so many people. (y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
..... This was our first rally ......
Half way through Saturday night I said to Shaz (shouted, actually, as the band were in full flight) "Is your first rally turning out as you expected then?" "No" she said, "we thought we were coming away for a quiet weekend!"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(I don't think it was a complaint. ;);))

Welcome to the finest madhouse going!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well, that was quite a weekend! :) Many thanks to all of you who made it what it was - either by helping organise everything, playing the music (which was fantastic all weekend) or by just being the thoroughly nice people you all were.

We put some more names to faces, so have some more lifelong friends (you'll never get rid of us now!!) :ROFLMAO:

Sorry we retreated a bit on Sunday. Jane overdid it a bit on Saturday & was about wiped out & I wasn't far behind. She can whizz about in the wheelchair but my poor old legs aren't really up to a show as big as that! More judicious use of the bike at Lincoln, I think.

Reading these posts makes me realise just how many people we haven't met yet, despite sharing a field & a marquee. Only one conclusion - keep going to rallies!

Thanks again for all the hard work by so many people. (y)
It was good to meet you both - looking forward to Lincoln

Haven't said "do you come here often?" to anyone...... Ever.... Until Saturday that is!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
It was good to meet you both - looking forward to Lincoln

Haven't said "do you come here often?" to anyone...... Ever.... Until Saturday that is!
I suppose I should make it clear to everyone that it wasn't me you said that to.... :Eeek:

But no - it was our first show rally (Chester didn't count). But after Misterton & Sandy, we were prepared (battle hardened?) (y)

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks Pam and Brisey, Jim and Sian and all who helped make the rally weekend a great success. it was to long since our last time out we where welcomed like always, as if we have not been away.. he is to the next time out.
thanks again to all new friends we made this time.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had (yet another) blast.
Motorhomefun is exactly that - fun from start to finish.
It was a bit busy for me and my fingers are still stinging from playing guitar and my voice is still a bit croaky but I wouldn't have changed anything.
Thanks of course to all the organisers and marshals who always work hard to make sure these events run so smoothly.
I would also like to thank all of those who contributed to "Funsters Got Talent" on Saturday:
Suggy, who kicked off the show in style and wins the prize for "best dressed artist"
Steve and Denise with their accordions (not sure if that's the correct name)
Graham and Baz who managed to pull together a few numbers despite only having a few hours notice and almost no chance to rehearse (and it was Baz's debut in front of a full Funster audience)
Joe who played a brilliant spot at almost zero notice
Geraldine who sang a really funny song and did it faultlessly (brilliantly supported by Barry and Janine)
Willy and partner who also played a great set despite almost zero notice.
Martin who always manages to get the whole tent to go quiet as everybody really listens to his songs.
Gay who sang with Martin
Dave who did a great job as MC for the evening
And of course the Funster Band - Rex, Richard, Martin, Barry (who did a fantastic job as he hadn't touched a bass for more than a year) and of course the Funettes (Marie, Gay and Gwen)
Whew!
It just shows how much talent there is in the Funster community. And I bet there is more talent yet to discover.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well had a great time ,thanks to brisey jim and co ,bacon butties were fab and nice to see loads of friends and new faces ,a big thanks to colin and sandra for blocking the wind and dave for drinking all my beer .lol and nice to see my old mate haggers and nikki all in all a great time see u guys at shepton i hope .oh nearly forgot champers great to see u both .and a big thanks to gail for helping me out on sunday night with my ciggys.

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thanks all great weekend was sorry to leave but have still got to work see you all at Lincoln

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Big thanks to Gail for hosting a double whammy of Pimms Parties for Fun & RVOC, what a lovely generous welcoming lady ye are, your family are welcome on the "right side" of the pennines anytime hun! :clap2:

It was our first visit to Malvern and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We met our glorious leader at long last, all hail Jim & Sian, thanks for our new personalised Fun badges :notworthy2: and it was lovely to meet folk not only from Fun & RVOC but we also met some lovely people from ARV and some who didn't belong to any clubs at all - they all commented on how friendly Fun & RVOC ralliers were so I think there'll be a few new members coming on board as a result of this great weekend.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
GENNIES, who mentioned gennies!
Well, me actually. In the context of getting Jane's wheelchair charged up.

In the event, Bartrams, the mobility equipment suppliers who were running the scooter loan scheme came good - very good as it turned out. They were only manning their stand 9-5, which is not ideal timing for recharging - that's when you want to be using it. "No problem," they said, "just let yourself into the tent, plug in & collect when charged. We are right next to gate security, so it will be fine."

So I found myself explaining to a rather perplexed security guard just what I was doing at 12:45am on Sunday morning breaking into the mobility tent with a wheelchair. Brown Gate security were used to Funsters by this time, but the solitary chap on South Gate had been having a rather quieter evening up until that point. :confused: I think he would have been less confused if I'd been taking one out, but it might have been more difficult to explain!

But, back to gennies. Thinking back to where you were pitched, Mousy, you can't have been an altogether happy bunny (or mouse). Assailed from both sides by gennies over breakfast! :(

Not Funsters or RVOC, I hasten to add. RVOC gennies are mostly inboard & very discreet.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Ha ha, luckily the gin from the night before was still keeping me mellow.

We were surrounded by gennies but it wasn't a problem, fellow campers obviously had the need for them.

Glad you managed to power Janes chair, really kind of them.

Lovely to meet you both, look forward to seeing you both again...folk festival?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Excellent - thanks to all concerned! Especially to Gail for her inexhaustible hospitality, cliffandger for rescuing my collapsed awning, Swansea Ray for making me an honorable Welsh person, the Manx men for endless entertainment, Dingray for showing me his Duvalay, Brisey & Pamelaaa for impeccable marshalling (as usual), Sian for being lovely and Jim for being..........er... Jim!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back