Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
Wouldn't recommend a springer spaniel! Lovely lovely nature but loopy!

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I have wanted to give a great home to a dog for a long time now but I'm not sure what dog to get to add to our enjoyment of motor homing. I had terriers many years ago but have not had a dog since. I like Rottweilers but being practical they may be too big for motor homing. I want a dog which will walk for miles but also enjoy curling up while I read or wash the van ( I love washing the van) a mate mentioned getting a dog which doesn't shed hair . I know the old saying size matters but I would be grateful for any advice on giving a dog a fantastic home who will be loved , one thing I'm sure of, it will be female . :Smile::Smile:

Just caught up with this thread, so what dog did you settle on Kevin?

That's not a dog!!!!!!

It's a mountain:Smile:

Do tell, I LOVE big dogs, what mountain does haganap have then?

I grew up with a true mountain dog, a pyrennean, she was gorgeous

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Border Terrier. Can go all day, up hill and down dale but equally keen to curl up in front of the fire with you, or lay by your feet while you read a book.

Snap we've got a 16 year old bitch and a 5 year old dog. Great dogs .

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Would have another Border Collie(y) But I suppose it would be difficult to say no to anything that was in danger of being put to sleep......unless it was really big, but don't really like "toy" dogs either(n)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
this thread was started in January 2013 its amazing how many threads are being resurrected since the new style forum was introduced (y)(y)(y)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I've had a Labrador, cocker spaniel, border collie and 2 Shetland Sheep Dogs and loved the Shelties though need a bit of a trim from time to time. Also know some lovely springer spaniels.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Would love a cockapoo but my wife us not sure if she would like one, what would be nice, if we could look after one for a few weeks to try. :)

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Or a mixture of all the above :winky: Lets also hear it for the crossbreeds and Heinz 57's of the world.:clap: Decide on all the attributes you need in a dog then visit a shelter or look at dogs that need rehoming and fall in love ::bigsmile: Now, where was that list? Jane
Couldn't agree more. Generally more robust as they are free of all the inherent health problems so many pedigrees have.

Sutton35

Free Member
Jun 28, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010
Scottish Terrier, small, loyal and love to walk. Our Sasha goes everywhere with us. Contact STECs, they are always looking for people to rehome scotties.

OP
OP
Kevinthecat
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Sorry , Im still getting used to to new layout and only just saw the alert highlighted informing me this thread has come back to life. sad to say we are still without a dog . I thought I was going to stop working last year but have held on because we have been given notice that we may go out to tender, so I have hung around hoping redundancy may come my way ( the NHS is being chipped away) I didn't want to have a dog and have to leave her at home while I'm at work.The dog I think that we shall be getting when we are ready is a schnauzer
Btw Kevin the cat isn't bothered either way if we get a dog he is currently sunning himself on a sun spot on the lounge rug purring contently. Life for him is good.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I
We have a standard poodle(quite big), 6 months old, fantastically intelligent, comparatively easy to train. He loves to play, but will happily push out 8hrs sleep overnight. Loves exercise, he's off the lead on open spaces and never strays more than 50m's from us. Best of all, he doesn't moult, his hair is really designed to get wet and dry quickly.

We had our first poodle by chance from a rescue, never thought I would like them, mainly because of the way breeders cut their hair....In fact, they are a great breed of dog, and look great when their coat is scruffy. Get one as a pup, you can then develop it to suit your needs.
I'd go with a poodle (any size) too - heart & strength of a terrier but don't shed a hair. Beautiful dogs.

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
In addition to our 10 yr old Collie we now have a 14 wk old Kerry Blue. The collie herds the grand-children and the KB is to protect us LOL

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Get a greyhound or a lurched or a whippet if you prefer something smaller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back