Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am making one engine from all the bit's left over I am now just burnt out with it all having to morrow and Sunday off well s say that loosely I am out in the Feld with the cadet's on exercise playing war games with 16 kids and me the biggest one LOL

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
My old gaffer when I was a apprentice fitter had these sage words
Make as much muck as tha wants when stripping a engine
But when building
Cleanliness is next to godliness clean and clean again
And it's true as I have learnt to my cost and a couple of good hidings from the fitters I worked with when I was young and stupid (No change there then)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the bottom end is back together tuning nice like a new engine the boors are in very good condition no step changed one con rod put the same rings back in as they are like new just got to put the bich back together think I and nearly over the bridge now just head to clean up the head now but nearly there shuld have most of it by Monday night fingers crossed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when I have put the head back on if I never see the gut's of a fiat engine agene it will be to soon
with my health problems knackered just force my shelf over that yonder hill and se wat sikener lays on the other side

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
When I was an apprentice mechanic at Cockshoots, Bellevue works, Manchester, the (Kiwi) foreman drummed into us that we do NOT put in back together the way it came apart...

We had to put it back together the way it should be put back together.

JJ :cool:

:(

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well it was all looking good till my back had to cancel the cadet weekend the back went yesterday falling to bit'so rest for a few days

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
When I was an apprentice mechanic at Cockshoots, Bellevue works, Manchester, the (Kiwi) foreman drummed into us that we do NOT put in back together the way it came apart...

We had to put it back together the way it should be put back together.

Yes, but the Ford model 'T' was a lot simpler to assemble........:rofl:

:(

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well the head and inlet manifold is on turbo sump ancillary's tomorrow on target for Friday back permitting
just need to get power steering hoses renewed

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
to fit or not to fit a oil gauge any advice don't want to rely one a light any more

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well all most got it back together turbo on manifold on pipe work back on just got sump to prepare and put another pick up filter on it put timing belt on set timing fix power steering pipe job done should have it in tomorrow or Thursday well chuffed

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Good job it isn't me working on your engine Mr Bill... that list of jobs would take me until Christmas at least...

I am getting all excited for you now...

Take your time... no slip ups now please.

yes Mr JJ all most there but not till it's running is the job complete I thought this time last week it was game over .
but a bit of recycling encouragement from funsters who would want to go to any other forum when there all ready a member of the best.
there is still a long way to go before I am traveling the roads of Europe
and sharing a fray bentos pie with you in a orange grove somewhere in porchagale with a glass of nice read wine

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for your updates. Take your time and don't wear yourself out!:unsure:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thanks for your updates. Take your time and don't wear yourself out!:unsure:
I have taken so much time on this that I though that time had stopped it been a bitch I have been in to engines all my life but never had so much bother and bad luck with one it going to be a one off this one bit of modifications adaptations engineering challenges frustrations tears skint knuckles and bad temper but feeling a bit pleased with my shelf even if it doesn't work I will have a feeling of achievement and learnt so much that this thing can be done even when the body say's they cant me a 7 year old and sum spanners so proud of him

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ok got on to the manager a few rather harsh words like wont use them agene been valued customer never go any where for my part's used you for years suppliers fault I will talk to them less than one hr later knock on the door timing belt for you and a credit not for forty pounds to spend on any thing I want cant falt them maybe a bit hard on them
the lump will be in and running tomorrow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well the oil pump has site it's shelf looks like a lot of damage could have been done don't think I have the will to go on lost the will to live with this one
well this was the first post on this thread on 19th July 2014 and there wont be many more on this thread thanks' for your words of encouragement and watching this thread I was going to do a blog but you cant do one this new forum I thing will post some pick's

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Billy! You are A F*****g STAR!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun