LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
do you mean in your opinion you don't agree the right to share or do you mean WE MUST NOT SHARE
britstops dont make it easier for motorhoming what about ukcampsites no fee to them and what about a google search for sites near x y z no fee to them either by all means u pay ya fee's i will watch on here and elsewhere for people's opinions about where to go and whats it like and it will be a unbiased opinion imho of course :)

IMHO, there is a difference between sharing information that is freely available on the Web and sharing information that others have collated for their members. UK campsites is a collaborative system - everyone can add to it. BritStops is, as far as I know, put together by one person or two people who invest their time and money in initiating and collating information about places to stay. Sharing their information on a open forum without their permission is not something that I agree with.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thats ok imho i agree to people sharing it

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
BritStop Update - Day 2

Wow it's seems there are lots of mixed feelings regarding the use of BritStops. My personal opinion is that I'm away motorhoming and have to eat and drink. No matter what. In using BritStops, it has allowed me to interact on 2 separate occasions with fantastic people, I would not have otherwise met, had free parking, drunk nice ales and cider and ate some lovely food too. Well worth very penny of the yearly fee :)

Woke up to a gorgeous sunny day, the kind that makes opening the blinds worth while. I thought the gardener was cutting the grass, but on further inspection, found a guy chugging along the narrow gauge railway on a miniature Inter-City replica, collecting ballast in prep for building a new coach accommodation. Fully rate this place :)

We then set off for our next BritStop and utilised the most scenic route possible. Drove past a big retail park near Bedford, so Diane spent the best part of 2 hours being pushed around the "retail therapy" park in order to satisfy her womanly wants in Next, The Range and some place called Brantano Shoes (forgive the spelling he says with a puffed up chest and deep manly voice).

112 really scenic easy miles later, we're parked up at BritStop 239. OMG really sums the place up :)

I'd like to see Google find this place as a m/h stopover, you'd think twice if you viewed it on any Google map and would simply pass it by. BritStops have done the legwork for us and found a wonderful pub for us to stop at....for free. My part of the deal was to simply book in at reception, whereby they put all my details, vehicle reg etc onto their BritStop list. They apologised and said that they were fully booked for tables in the main restaurant, but we'd be welcome to eat at the bar or garden table if we wanted. It's at that point it went comfortably downhill, when we met Dennis, Mark, Vince and the landlord. We never actually got to eat as we were too busy supping cider and spritzers and having a right old laugh with the locals, brilliant!!! :)

Spoke to a magistrate, a building firm company director, Mark with the big boat and then a random company of locals who were all introduced to use throughout the evening. Cheapest night ever, had a few drinks and then put Diane to early bed, as she needed it ;)

The carpark is opposite the pub, on a beautiful quite country road. Lots of space for m/h parking, although swing out before turning in, as the entrance could be quite narrow if you don't :)

You know there are times when you just fit right in, regardless of the fact that you are a visitor or not, well that was us tonight. All the locals and all the bar staff where amazing. Really helpful and really friendly too. Plus there was Stow Press cider on tap. Happy PP Bear :)

2 fantastic days so far and it's off to BritStop 233 for the next 2 nights. Been there before and the place is lovely. All booked in and can't wait to take advantage of the leisure centre and swimming pool either :)

It's also opposite a Lidls, so you can top up the essentials as required :)

More tomorrow fellow Funsters :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I ordered my Britstops yesterday late afternoon and it plopped on the doormat
this morning ! Great service ! I have already found a few stops for our September trip and look forward to doing more research . Are there any leaflets available to give to any local businesses since our neck of the woods
on the North Yorks coast could do with a few stops like this .

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Cobweb,
Glad to hear your book arrived safely. You can download leaflets from our website here. If you print them back to back you get two A5 leaflets on a sheet of A4.
Happy travels!
Steve and Mandy :Smile:
PS: PP Bear, we've been meaning to get up to Brit Stop 239 and you've made us determined to do it this summer now!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry if my post caused this thread to shoot off into the undergrowth. :unsure: I only posted my preconception that you would come under subtle pressure to spend money, whether it is at a pub, craft shop, farm or whatever. It seems this is not the case, with one exception, which is good to know. I guess the scheme is not that different to France Passion where if you stay at a farm you are not obliged to buy eggs or a lettuce but it is a good way to interact with the locals if you do.

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
BritStops - Update Day 3

We woke up to another glorious sunny day with lots of birds chirping in the fields around us. We popped back into the pub for some well needed breakfast and another chat to the bar staff. Even our Dennis popped in to say good morning, talk about a friendly place to stay :)

We then set off on our journey to the next BritStop at 233 and took the coast road for most of the journey. A little tight at times and probably not best tried in an RV.

Along the route we passed a sign for the Muckleburgh Military Collection, so stopped off for a good 2 hours while I bored poor Diane to tears with my stories of "yesteryear" while we looked at all the military hardware and memorabilia. We first thought the £10 entry fee each was a little steep, until we looked inside. Well worth the money and the visit. Details can be found here:

http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk

Continued our drive along the coast and beautiful scenery. Lovely villages and seaside resorts. We popped into and out of Cromer and the place was thriving.

Finally arrived at the BritStop to another warm reception and paid a small £5 fee each (optional) for the unlimited use of the spa, gym, sauna and swimming pool. Excellent value for money in our books. There are another 5 m/h's on site, which is excellent, considering the good book says only 3, but there's 3 EHU outlets, so we're guessing that's why. Doesn't seem to be problem and plenty of room for everyone.

We're parked up at the end of the carpark without EHU for tonight, however we've got ourselves booked on one tomorrow and all at no extra expense.

Had a nice meal in the restaurant again, creamy garlic this, that and the other, topped off with garlic bread and salad :)

It's not as peaceful as the past 2 nights, simply because of the location next to the road and the entrance to the pub is shared with the Lidl carpark, but not an issue at all. We're here for 2 nights, so will stock up on any essentials on Sunday before setting off.

More info tomorrow :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
BritStops - Update Day 3

We woke up to another glorious sunny day with lots of birds chirping in the fields around us. We popped back into the pub for some well needed breakfast and another chat to the bar staff. Even our Dennis popped in to say good morning, talk about a friendly place to stay :)

We then set off on our journey to the next BritStop at 233 and took the coast road for most of the journey. A little tight at times and probably not best tried in an RV.

Along the route we passed a sign for the Muckleburgh Military Collection, so stopped off for a good 2 hours while I bored poor Diane to tears with my stories of "yesteryear" while we looked at all the military hardware and memorabilia. We first thought the £10 entry fee each was a little steep, until we looked inside. Well worth the money and the visit. Details can be found here:

http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk

Continued our drive along the coast and beautiful scenery. Lovely villages and seaside resorts. We popped into and out of Cromer and the place was thriving.

Finally arrived at the BritStop to another warm reception and paid a small £5 fee each (optional) for the unlimited use of the spa, gym, sauna and swimming pool. Excellent value for money in our books. There are another 5 m/h's on site, which is excellent, considering the good book says only 3, but there's 3 EHU outlets, so we're guessing that's why. Doesn't seem to be problem and plenty of room for everyone.

We're parked up at the end of the carpark without EHU for tonight, however we've got ourselves booked on one tomorrow and all at no extra expense.

Had a nice meal in the restaurant again, creamy garlic this, that and the other, topped off with garlic bread and salad :)

It's not as peaceful as the past 2 nights, simply because of the location next to the road and the entrance to the pub is shared with the Lidl carpark, but not an issue at all. We're here for 2 nights, so will stock up on any essentials on Sunday before setting off.

More info tomorrow :)
Good job schools are out or you would have all the mums parking round you, there's another one up the top of Norfolk , forget the name but it's where nelson used to drink , good one but that's the one that cost us £50

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Good job schools are out or you would have all the mums parking round you, there's another one up the top of Norfolk , forget the name but it's where nelson used to drink , good one but that's the one that cost us £50
What!!! You mean I missed all the school mums!!! :(

Right Steve and Mandy I want a refund, that most defo should be a bonus hi-light in the good book :rofl::RollEyes::devil:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back