Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You know, look at that and WOW, but its only a spot on a badgers bum to the stuff the military are using. And then the media ask "Are you sure the target you killed had a gun"?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Shifty: From the curvature on the horizon I'd guess it's a fairly wide angle lens, but is it a video camera or a still camera? I'm reasonably interested in treating myself to a camera drone but I'd rather have high resolution stills than grabbed frames from video. Is that an option? Any pointers much appreciated - I don't want to spend silly money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Good to meet you at Beednell and thanks for showing me the drone, very interesting and a nice bit of kit.

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
You asked.....

Here it is, last day the wind dropped..

Broken Link Removed
Nice picture, here's one I took of sandown bay while on the Isle of Wight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Shifty: From the curvature on the horizon I'd guess it's a fairly wide angle lens, but is it a video camera or a still camera? I'm reasonably interested in treating myself to a camera drone but I'd rather have high resolution stills than grabbed frames from video. Is that an option? Any pointers much appreciated - I don't want to spend silly money.

Hi, yes its a fisheye, but it can be corrected using Photosphop or GoPro ior even Gimp.

The camera is both, you link your phone to the drone and that enables you to see what it is seeing and change the video/stills. The Phantom 2 Vision carries an extremely high quality stills camera and a 4GB micro SD card. It shoots full HD video at 1080p 30/60i and takes 14 megapixel still photos.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision

Sorry for the delay in sending a reply..

Fantastic...very impressed............can you post details of your drone and setup.

barry

Here you go, http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision I bought it from RC Geeks, https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/

I have just calculated the hight from which this dron was flying. I must assume that you have a licence to fly above 500ft:whistle:

Lets see your calculations Buttons...

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Very nice! Envious. However if buy another thing which might be seen as a 'toy' I think I'd be in serious trouble ........ :):):)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Any Tom, Dick or Harry flying a drone above you taking pictures and then publishing on the internet.

Scary stuff.

Nosey parkers' (and perverts') paradise.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Any Tom, Dick or Harry flying a drone above you taking pictures and then publishing on the internet.

Scary stuff.

Nosey parkers' (and perverts') paradise.

JJ :cool:
Do you know what JJ, never crossed my mind, I suppose I don't think like you;... My main reason for purchasing and flying it was to photograph landscapes and places from a different angle. If you want to but one to be a perv then that's your choice.

There are some stunning beaches and cliffs around Anglesey which you simply cant get to without a boat...

My cousin did ask me to photograph his second home in the island which I did..

Attachments

• DJI00033 (Medium).JPG
    DJI00033 (Medium).JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 18
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Do you know what JJ, never crossed my mind, I suppose I don't think like you;... My main reason for purchasing and flying it was to photograph landscapes and places from a different angle. If you want to but one to be a perv then that's your choice.

There are some stunning beaches and cliffs around Anglesey which you simply cant get to without a boat...

Great picture of his second home. Tell him to beware though;). http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/could-see-return-cottage-burning-group-2175723

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Drones are great fun to use, I was in Hertford having breakfast last Sunday when I could hear this noise, it was a drone hovering at some hight above us. This is the first I have seen but I'm sure it will be the first of many as the activity catches on. Beware......the law will be enforced with examples of heavy penalties............. Quote:... A TV-repair shop owner who has become the first person convicted in the UK for "dangerously" flying a drone says the fine and legal costs will bankrupt him.

Robert Knowles, 46, of Barrow-in-Furness, was fined £800 and ordered to pay costs of £3,500 at the Furness and District Magistrate court on Tuesday after being prosecuted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). He pleaded guilty to flying a small unmanned surveillance aircraft within 50 metres of a structure.

The CAA said that the case raised important safety issues concerning recreational flying of unmanned aircraft, which is legal as long as it is done away from built-up areas and structures.That castle looks a bit like a structure to me.;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back