Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
It's a nightmare when you do this :(
When I bought my current van it was minted with exception of both mirrors had been hit passenger side was just paint damage but drivers side was broken and after months of hunting I found a second hand one on ebay had both painted and van was spot on then 2 days later reversing down my driveway I hit the passenger one on the drainpipe :(

But to be fair I have exactly 45 mm clearance between van and house taking it down the drive so it's a miracle it's only happened once ....putting it in drive is a 30 minute mission lol

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Puddle, Don't know if anyone already said this as I just popped on quickly and not read the full thread.

My habitation door had a big dent in it when I bought it and I asked them to repair it before I bought it. When I collected my van, they had merely removed the top layer of 'whatever it is' ?? melamine/fibreglass ??? and put a new layer on. In fact they hadn't put it over all the door and there was a line where it met the old stuff. At a meet there was a man who did graphics and for ten pounds I got a silver line of graphic to cover the join in the 'stuff' so it looks like it is meant to be there. Hope you can understand this and if I can find a photo with my van door on it I will post it on here. It may be an idea. Joy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Glad its all worked out, the:clap: question was a bit tongue in cheek

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No problem Joy, Souix. It's done and it looks great! Mill Garage went through all the options and costs and I'm pleased with the result.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back