Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Only loosely motorhome related - although it IS related as I wanted to watch BT Sport on a new small laptop in the van.

I have 2 machines, an old Acer and a new HP Pavillion X2. The old machine was originally Vista but is now upgraded to 8.1. The new HP is also 8.1 (but 64 bit).

The old Acer works fine with BT Sport (and most other things!)

But the new HP does not. It works with just about everything I have run, but not BT Sport. BT sport brings up an error VC019. Looking at the forums quite a few people have had this problem, which apparently is related to Microsoft Silverlight. I have tried all of the recommendations (and there are quite a few!) but none have made any difference.

I usually know my way around computers but this has so far defeated me. I am beginning to think it must be a fundamental incompatibility between BT sport and the integrated Intel graphics on the HP. My 6 year old Acer has a separate NVIDIA graphics card which is fine.

Its a shame because otherwise the little HP is a great machine!

Has anyone had this and fixed it?

Thanks

JeffO

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks, but yes I have been through these.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Do you have a tablet. I normally watch BT Sport on my iPad using the BT Sport App, great picture quality.

I have just tried watching BT Sport on my HP desktop and my HP Sleekbook, both are running Win 8.1 and both are 64 Bit. Both have Intel graphics.

Both worked fine first time, sorry can't help more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks for the reply. I do have a smartphone, android, and BT Sport works on that. My HP machine is the one with a detachable screen that in effect becomes a tablet, but with windows 8.1. I very much like the machine and the only issue I have with it is this one! I have re-installed Silverlight (several times) and tried all the tips I could find, none have worked. I have tried different browsers. But if your 2 HP machines with intel graphics both work there seems absolutely no reason for it not to work!

I'll have another go.

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Tried again, reinstalled most things, no change.

Only difference between the settings on my 2 machines is that the old acer has the hardware acceleration box ticked in Silverlight, the new HP does not. If I manually put it tick in this box it disappears. Maybe my HP does not support hardware acceleration and maybe that's the problem???? That said Silverlight itself does seem to work on other sites.

I give up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks.

I am just viewing - or trying to - in a browser. I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox. All of these work with BT Sport on one machine but not the other! I have reinstalled Silverlight - several times - . Deleted the cache. Reset the date. Deleted browser history and cookies. As I said above I am wondering if its to do with hardware acceleration on my small HP machine, if it is there is nothing I can do - although it still seems odd as Silverlight seems to work with other sites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back