Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
from what i can gather from reading posts on this forum , a number of you use your tablets etc when in france via the wi fi hotspots provided by McDONALDS, apparantly according to a assistant at my local mackies you have to register first . what they didnt know, was if this registration would still be valid to allow access abroad ! can anybody tell me ? and is there any other companies they have found thru france that has a good hotspot network ? cheers garry

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
McDonald's registration is easy in France but ddon't rely on their wifi working - we've had problems in the UK and France - not every store has someone that can get the WiFi working if there is a fault.

I am sitting next to the river Dordogne using my 3 Mobile sim - it has been great in France. Good use of £15.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I use the free SFR FON networks throughout France, if you or a family member is a customer of BT it's easy to log in, if not you can buy a FON router and access it that way. The best person to ask is probably Addie from Motorhome Wifi. I am using a free FON network to type this (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
McDonald's registration is easy in France but ddon't rely on their wifi working - we've had problems in the UK and France - not every store has someone that can get the WiFi working if there is a fault.

I am sitting next to the river Dordogne using my 3 Mobile sim - it has been great in France. Good use of £15.

Are you using the Three sim in your phone or in a tablet or netbook?

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back