LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Many thanks to Signworks for the roof stickers delivered to our door at the Malvern Rally as promised! Having offered to make them for us he was true to his word, remembered to bring them to the Rally & took the time & effort to find our motorhome amongst the huge number at Malvern - true Funster spirit & generosity(y):)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Our van has the reg number etched into all the windows, on the cab doors it's right over where the lock button is inside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
EBay
& they are on most HGV trailers nowdays

Along with the owners company logos printed onto the curtainsides or a complete adwrap!

The numbers on trailers are generally fleet IDs to make it easy for shunters and to match drivers to loads etc. Placing the numbers on the roof helps you see the trailer in the yard when viewed from the first floor warehouse office!

Lorry tailers carry the number plate of the unit towing it. The only theft recovery that truly works is a GPS tracker.

Last edited:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have the reg. number on the roof of my van, it may or may not be effective but it only cost a few quid. the posts about helicopters are a bit of a red herring, take a drive down any motorway or dual carriageway and you will see a police car on one of the bridges, this coupled with junction CCTV cameras could make the difference. I do realise that any anti - theft precautions at best only slow down the determined thief as a few years ago a friend had his car stolen which had all the windows etched with the reg no. After six months he had been paid out by the insurers and had forgotten about it when the police rang and said they had recovered his car from a used car lot, complete with false plates and "Watch out there's a thief about " stickers on all the windows covering the reg number. Somebody had been suspicious when viewing the car and peeled back one of the stickers, then called the police. It worked out well for my friend as he bought the car back for less than they paid to him andfour brand new tyres had been fitted

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I make do with a tracker.
It works very well.
I go into the App on my iPhone and it tells me where I am.
Without it I wouldn't have a clue where I was! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back