Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
How do I know when the water tank is full on our Talbot Autosleeper Talisman GL?

I put hosepipe in and it seem to go for ever and did not suddenly gush out when full which is what I would have expected. In the end I stopped putting water in as surely it must be full. When we set off it seemed as if it had sprung a leak with water pouring out underneath. However when we arrived at site there seemed to be plenty of water, and it let me drain a lot of water off when we had finished for the weekend.

So, my supposition is that the pouring out was just that it had reached capacity. Two questions for Autosleeper owners please (and any other advise welcome!):

1. Does that sound correct?
  2. Is there a way I can tell when the tank is full without letting the excess pour out? (the level indicator of the panel does not seem to work as always says empty and pressing the button to calibrate des not seem to work)

Many thanks

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi Steve n Sue, I have an Autotrail and that too seems to take forever to fill and all I do is wait to hear the water coming out of the overflow / breather pipe underneath, which is what you experienced. I think that's the only way to ensure the tank is full. As far as I am aware the level sensors for the tanks aren't that accurate and only give readings in increments of 25% or so.
Hope this helps,
Lance ;-)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just keep filling. When full it will appear out of the overflow/breather and, if you carry on filling, out around your hosepipe. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Certainly with my previous A/S I just left it filling until water came out of the breather underneath and it was then full. Worked for me. Assume the new Pilote has a similar overflow system but never tested it as the FW tank is 135 litres......

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
On my Elddis the overflow drips onto the exhaust so when I hear the dribble on metal sound I know Im full plus a quick look underneath to confirm (y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
AS per the other replies, fill until it comes out the overflow. There are some systems that don't have an overflow in which case it just flows back out of the filler. Looks like you have an overflow as thats where it was coming out.

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
There were two ways of knowing when the tank was full or close to being full on my Autosleeper Amethyst.
If I listened carefully to the water running in via a hose, the filling noise would change to a higher tone as it become very near to the filler tube neck. When that happened I than folded the hose to cut off the supply.
If left to run a few seconds after that the water would overflow from the holes on the top of the tank.
My Amethyst had a wooden support under the tank so I tried to minimise the overflow, even though I believed it wouldn't do harm the vehicle. The tone changes on my Hymer as well!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'm the same. Fill until I hear it trickling out of the overflow. That way I know I've run fresh water down the overflow pipe and system, removing dust, dirt or any little 8 legged beasties that may have made their way up the hose for an adventure :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Was an overflow underneath our Bessacar, but on the Pilote you have to wait till it comes out of the filler hole.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back