Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I have got a big bike with a basket on the front, you know the sort, I suppose I could put it, less basket but with paniers, on the bike rack but what is the best bike to get for the motorhome? Not thinking electric at the moment.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A cheap one would be my preference, that way you won't be too worried if it gets stolen. Mudguards useful, probably not lights. A rear rack over the back wheel. Second hand bikes are often quite cheap. But if you are happy to buy a new bike the Decathlon bikes are not too expensive, this one for example comes with a lot of kit for the price: Broken Link Removed and for half that price this one, although it does look a bit odd! Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Do you mean get a smaller bike?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Having looked on the decathlon web site they look like my bike

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Why not pop to somewhere like Halfords, take the motorhome and choose from their extensive range :)

They'll let you try before you buy, plus you can see how easy it is to lift on the rack for size and fit etc :)

That way you'll get the bike of your choice with all the extras you may need or would like (mud guards, lights, gears etc), in your colour and style to suit you, and not the many options we could offer :)

Your pennies after all :)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I think our approach would be-these are the bikes we'd like to have with us,will they go on the M/Home ?-if not,how can we modify the M/Home to carry them?
You have to ride them,for whatever purpose you take them with you-the M/Home merely carries them for you.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: kcy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back