HANCOCK

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
DURHAM
Funster No
MH
LOWPROFILE
Exp
advice required on best make and size, for replacement of leisure battrey(n)(n)(n)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Have a google on site such as Tanya batteries or one of the others. Just google leisure batteries.

You will need the physical dimensions, Ampere hour capacity and whether the current battery is gel or wet type as they have different charging regimes. Also whether your current battery is sealed or not. With this information you can choose. Banner batteries have a good name, as do Varta, but there are some good cheaper options out there; horses for courses, really

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Have a google on site such as Tanya batteries or one of the others. Just google leisure batteries.

You will need the physical dimensions, Ampere hour capacity and whether the current battery is gel or wet type as they have different charging regimes. Also whether your current battery is sealed or not. With this information you can choose. Banner batteries have a good name, as do Varta, but there are some good cheaper options out there; horses for courses, really

Duk a la Technical......(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I thought you had one for pushing females under the water whilst nibbling their necks?? Or was that Shiftzz?? :D

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think that we had better bring this back on topic or poor Hancock will think that we are all very deranged people......... :blush:

Seriously - the above is what I did when getting a new leisure battery for the last van. Ended up with an Alphaline sealed one- next day delivery. Don't know how good it was as sold the van some 3 months afterwards. Beware of getting one that is too tall - I had to get a new battery carrier as it was too tall by about 5mm!!

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes - their energy bull batteries or something like that. A bit more expensive but reportedly longer lasting and robust

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I think that we had better bring this back on topic or poor Hancock will think that we are all very deranged people......... :blush:

Seriously - the above is what I did when getting a new leisure battery for the last van. Ended up with an Alphaline sealed one- next day delivery. Don't know how good it was as sold the van some 3 months afterwards. Beware of getting one that is too tall - I had to get a new battery carrier as it was too tall by about 5mm!!

I changed my one original 80 A/H battery for 2 x 85 A/H Alphaline batteries, with next day delivery for £100 all in.

Been two and a half years now and they are still performing as good as when installed.

(y)(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back