LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wanting somewhere to stay between the Upton Blues Festival and Welland Steam Rally we were alerted to the Drum & Monkey at Newbridge Green which currently offers free camping. Good food and beer and friendly staff. The field is a bit bumpy but we found a level bit without too much effort.
Fresh water and waste facilities are available. Also a few EHUs (price unknown). They are currently building a shower and toilet block so there may well be a charge in future.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It's been on my pub list for some tine Graham but I was not aware it offered waste disposal facilities. Does that include toilet waste, did you eat there?

I will update the entry if you can let me know.

Keith

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, Keith, there is a cassette dump point (brick built round a WC bowl with cover) with its own water tap for rinsing the cassette. Drinking water tap is a short distance away.

We ate lunch a couple of days and other people in the group we were with had lunches and dinners. All appeared happy with the food. The menu is on the pub's web site.

F0ur real ales ranging between £2.90 and £3.10 a pint plus usual other drinks range at reasonable prices.

I will be surprised if they don't start charging once the shower block is completed as I expect they will need to recoup their investment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've just received our Caravan Club magazine and I noticed that the Drum & Monkey has now become a Caravan Club CL charging £15 a night. It lists WC and shower so presumably the building work has now been completed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back