Camp sites near Nantwich any ideas (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just thought after The Bring & Buy at Wrenbury would not mind a couple of nights at Nantwich, anyone know of any sites please.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I haven't read through this year's thread so I don't know what the arrangements are but last year we stayed on after the meet on the rally field.
I think we stayed two weeks or more - at the rally price.
Not far from Nantwich, as you know :D

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks :Smile:A couple of years ago there was a thread about a site on the Marina just half a mile from Nantwich but don't know if it is still open, would like to be able to stroll in rather than bus if possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just giving it a bump on the off chance anyone knows. (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Carol,
Apologies if you already have looked but their website (nantwichmarina.co.uk) makes no reference to any type of facility, might be worth giving them a ring though.

There are a few nice sounding sites listed under Nantwich on ukcampsite.co.uk but don't look to be within walking distance.

Hope this helps.

Deb

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The reason I am asking about this a couple of years ago Peejay posted the following s0 I am trying to find out it is still a option.:)

Hi funsters, if there is anyone interested in visiting Nantwich, Cheshire, may I suggest a possible camp site.It is Nantwich Marina, 1/2 a mile from the centre of the town, on the bus route to Chester,bus stop outside site.
I have been badgering the owner ,Bill Saner, for over a year to take motor homers on the site. He says the site will be complete, ie, E H U in the summer but he is willing to let funsters stay on a grassed area. The site has full bunkering facilities and a cafe. Nantwich is a lovely town with nice walks along the elevated canal system.:thumb::coolthumb:
peejay, Feb 20, 2011 Report

Hi Carol, if approach Nantwich from chester on the A 51 you will come to a set of traffic lights on a cross road, go straight across on the A534, through Acton and the Marina will be on your left 1/2 mile from Acton.From any other direction I would advise following the A 500 then on to A 51 for Chester, after you go over a canal bridge you come to a set of traffic lights, Wrexham. Straight ahead, Chester turn right YOU TURN LEFT go through Acton and the marina is on your left. Hope that is clear!
Being new to motor homing I am always looking for a site like this, near a nice Market town, within a easy walk. I love Nantwich as I work from
there, I wish I could live there. Im sure Bill at the Marina would make you welcome. Everyone I go passed I think what a place to stay.
All the best wishes Peejay.
peejay, Feb 22, 2011 Report
#9 Like Multi-Quote Quote

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Carol, why not come and stay on my drive? Your more than welcome, if not plenty of CLs around here,

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Manorwood Country Caravan Park is in a quiet spot outside the village of Barton just off the main Wrexham to Nantwich road. Obviously not in Nantwich, but not many sites are close. Easy drive to the town anyway.

Worth visiting in the Nantwich area is the Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker - you can tell it's secret because it's signposted everywhere.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We have stayed at the overwater marina site, has about 5 pitches ( possible a cl site) and in a lovely spot next to the canel with a little coffee shop and next to where about a 100 narrow boats are moored up some look like overnighters and others maybe there permantely with a nice walk around the whole place
Close to Nantwich

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I can see why you're interested in the marina, it sounds as though it would be ideal. We've got Nantwich on the list as we wanted to visit Dagfields antiques centre. Will you let us know where you end up and what it's like?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I can see why you're interested in the marina, it sounds as though it would be ideal. We've got Nantwich on the list as we wanted to visit Dagfields antiques centre. Will you let us know where you end up and what it's like?

Dagfields is a great place - we'll be calling in on our way home from Wrenbury on Monday (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers, that's good to know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun