Sandy meet & ciderfest! 11-14 July (1 Viewer)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks Dave and Mrs Dave for organising the meet.
More new friends made, old ones revisited.
Nice steady weekend.

Shifty....I heard before I left.
You slagged ME off regarding the ramps?
Oh dear, Oh dear, OhDear.(n)(n)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Another thank you to Dave and Jackie and all that me welcome on my fist meet.

Look forward to meeting you all again.
  • ::bigsmile:

I'll try and remember the bedding and a gas bottle next time................
  • :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Thank you Jackie and Dave for all your hard work (especially keeping the toilets and showers nice and clean). Its nice to catch up with old and new funsters. Looking forward to next years meet put our name down on the list for next year . Tried all the ciders at the pub especially the pink stuff is was blackberry also enjoyed the Indian. Thanks once again. Polly and Dasve

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Hi Graham & Kath,

I bow to your superior view of the actual event, I was a bit busy trying to line up aircraft / camera / subject….

I wonder if Joy is the one between her ‘van and Mike & Dawn’s? Unfortunately it’s just a shadow, as the subject seems to be covered by a splodge (probably and ex-insect on the window). We’ll have to wait for her to verify her location at the time. To do this properly I need to ‘borrow’ one of the gyro stabilised camera systems from the Police or SAR helicopters. There again there might be a few going cheap once the Tour de France finishes.

Sandy Is this Joy.jpg

One last picture, taken on the run in to do the overhead pictures. Please excuse the ghostly reflections of various parts of the aeroplane. It is a bit like a flying greenhouse. Funsters are almost dead centre of the picture.

Sandy Funsters on the hill.jpg

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. See you all on the road, or perhaps in the sky.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
A fantastic time was had here we met new friends & some we met at our last meet, the guinea pigs enjoyed the grass & we got to try out some new stuff we bought.
The BBQ should be thankful it didn't take a flying lesson itself & i think we will invest in a gas one at the next show.

Cant wait for the next one :D

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Excellent gathering, a few more faces to names. First class organisation by Jackie and Dave. Picked up some excellent advice from Jock, and learned a lesson, make sure the fall on the awning can take a torrential downpour and get a storm pole for the middle, fortunately the awning survived.

Straw poll on what to get for the next gas BBQ, in fact not really a BBQ, definitely a safari chef, Johnp10 needs to contract Cadac for his commission following that pitch.

For those husbands and partners now having to shell out for Fruili for their better halves, sorry.

Just waiting to see the photos now, thanks Movan.

Having been to another gathering with another club I belong to recently, I think SWMBO has the last say, didn't we meet some lovely friendly people this weekend. Speaks bucket loads.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Dave and Jackie, thank you so much for an absolutely great weekend.
Terrific venue and great pub.
To be allowed to have your take away at the pub with your pint is first class.
Definitely up for the next one.
Thanks again.
Graham & Anita

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
Thank you Dave and Jackie for organizing this weekend, we had a really good time, with friends old and new. Apologies for not saying goodbye to many people when we left today, due to the heavy rain.
This turned out to be an excellent weekend to remember, due to good location, good pub and cider tasting, very good company, weekend passed all too quickly. Please put our names down for repeat next year.
Cally and Tony

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
The old stalwarts that are still here after a fab w/e here at Sandy, yes there had been a few heavy downpours, but the ground here is as dry as a chip lol ...

Thank you Dave and Jackie for a very warm welcome to your neck of the woods (Welsh saying) which we have enjoyed immensely .. There was everything at hand ..we are looking forward to next years event xx

John n Kath xx

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
The old stalwarts that are still here after a fab w/e here at Sandy, yes there had been a few heavy downpours, but the ground here is as dry as a chip lol ...

Thank you Dave and Jackie for a very warm welcome to your neck of the woods (Welsh saying) which we have enjoyed immensely .. There was everything at hand ..we are looking forward to next years event xx

John n Kath xx

Some of us have to work LOL :D

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looks like it's going to be a lovely day at Sandy today, just right for the rest of us to pack up.

Great venue and great organisation by Dave and Jackie of their first rally. Usual Fun combination of friendly people and a good time. Always find some more new faces to match to names.

Many, many thanks Dave & Jackie.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
By the look of it this morning it looks like we had our own mini ciderfest outside our van last night!!!
Thanks Dave & Jackie for all your hard work, had a great weekend, weather was surprisingly OK in the end, food great & of course company was excellent as usual. Nice meeting some new funsters as well.
Now off to marshall at Wrenbury :Smile:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We are home, via my sister's. Many thanks to Dave & Jackie for a well organised but laid back rally. We put a few more faces to names & after three rallies, are starting to greet some people as old friends!

It's a shame C&CC have got 'The Friendly Club' more or less copyrighted, because it fits FUN perfectly. Maybe 'Friendly & Fun' should be ours.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome - see you at the next one.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Thank you Dave and jackie we had a great time on our first proper rally very nice to met Ludo and Janet and the rest of the Funsters.

Nelly

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We would love to thank Jackie and Dave for such a brillant weekend, it was lovely and mellow and very easy going, a good central location.

Thanks everyone for making it a great meet.

We didnt get back until 12.00 midnight last night, would have loved to stay another day at least.

I have posted some photos into the cidermeet album.

Pat

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Oh yes - nearly forgot.

Thanks are also due to Neil for the guided tour of the stately home - and to Pat for putting up with all those people traipsing through her bedroom. :)(y)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
It's all too quiet now!
My 'back garden' is looking devoid of fun:cry:

But wow - you guys made it such a great weekend(y)

Thank you all for turning up and supporting our first effort!!! And thanks for all the positive comments.

......and, well, erm, ........Oh alright - it'll happen again:D

Hopefully next year the Beer Festival won't clash with Peterborough (or maybe I'll just tell the pub's Guvnor to arrange it to suit US!!!)
One way or another - there'll be a repeat!
Dave & Jackie
images

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just a quick thank you to Dave and Jackie for the organisation... thanks to RichardW for taking the flight photos despite only having a short time with us, thanks to the Caller for looking at my van, thanks to WalterRV and Andy for the endless smiles, thanks to DawnB (honest) and Mike for looking after me when I wasn't too well, thanks to all my old friends for their kindnesses and laughter. Joy

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Just arrived home, what a great weekend, thanks to Jackie and Dave, a great location, lovely site with 'tidy' (welsh speak) facilities.
Great to meet a lot of new Funsters and share a few bevies and a ruby.
Thanks
Ed and Shirley.
Did you like the handbrake turn Dave?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dave, can you see my post please on the thread where the people are looking for a burstner like the one your friend has. Many thanks. Joy

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Dave, can you see my post please on the thread where the people are looking for a burstner like the one your friend has. Many thanks. Joy
That was Porkster - I already PM'd him, and he called Glen and had a long chat(y)

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
A huge thank you to Dave and Jackie for organising such a fun meet.

It was so laid back and relaxed, and as usual the company was welcoming.

The bitch was well looked after by Jackie and others, I had very little to do with her, so a big thank you there.

Unfortunately I have had to come home rather than go to Bridgnorth as planned, but hey at least I am ok.

Stuart and the Bitch

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not too late I hope, but Joyce and I would like to reiterate all the previous posts in thanking both Jackie and Dave for a brilliant meet in all respects .... perfect hosts, perfect location, perfect company, nearly perfect weather and not one but two airshows with RichardW (Funster air ace) performing for us on Saturday and the Memorial Flight (Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane) flypast to round off Sunday afternoon.

Thanks again from us.(y)

P.S. Dave lied about the Red Arrows performing for us:crying:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back