buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
After taking the motorhome for an habitation service I was told I had high levels of damp under the kitchen window then told to keep an eye on it here's me thinking that's there job.
After being in Anglesey last week and having heavy rain for a day I opened the locker and found it wet inside when I got home I went on the internet and re searched the problem.
I found that you could not take the door apart and the water was coming out the door so today I took the door of and the only thing I could do was silicone it on the outside panel.
Normally this would look a mess but what I did is silicone around the panel then force the silicone in with my finger then use hand wipes to remove the excess silicone door still looks genuine just need some rain to see if it works hope this might help someone.
Kev
Ps last time I pay a fortune for a habitation check and do the work my self.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Your hab check is just like your Mot test
its an inspection with a report either written or verbally
You then have to authorise and pay for repairs if you want em doing
Just like the Mot
G

OP
OP
buckby

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hello Geo went past your place earlier today thought you might be out in that big thing this weekend yes I know were your coming form but it woul only take a few minutes to investigate it and let me know what it is after paying £600 for a hab serice oil change and mot plus being charged for a habitation battery strap after only buying it last year battery straps usually last longer than that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back