Highland Minimeet 8th - 11th August (1 Viewer)

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Bookings now being taken for the minimeet at Brin (IV2 6XD), Friday 8th - Monday 11th August.

We will be limiting numbers to about 20 vans, so please book only if you know you will be able to make it, so that others are not disappointed. Inevitably there will be last minute drop-outs and no-shows, so we will plan for 25 van bookings over 3+ forums.

Following the success of previous Highland Gatherings and Minimeets we will be following a similar pattern with BBQ on Saturday and trip to Dores Inn on Sunday. More detail will follow nearer the time.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

PS. We are also thinking of a Halloween meet - to include our friends who will not be in UK in August, so if you are interest in this one (probably 30th October - 2nd November) please PM and I will keep in touch about it.

Last edited:

derek airns

Free Member
Jan 4, 2013
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach SE 745
Exp
Since 2012
Hi we would love to come the other half is going to put in for the time off so I will confirm in the next few days ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Bump!

Just a reminder for anyone who is in the north of Scotland or lives in travelling distance. More details in the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Only 4 weeks to go. Weather amazing in the North of Scotland at the moment – lets hope it lasts.

Just a reminder – Highland minimeet starts on Friday 8th August, and we still have a few places left. Last count was 15 vans from 3/4 forums - no confirmations from Fun yet:(. You can join in as much or as little as you like, and the meet is free but we do ask for generous donations to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue team who risk their own lives for those in trouble in the mountains. We have already raised over £500 this year but hope to reach £1,000.

We will have a themed night on Friday (details to follow) and communal BBQ on Saturday – bring enough food for yourselves and cook it on the barbeque to share. Also please bring some rolls, sauces, or salads etc and kitchen paper/tools/black bin bags. I need not mention liquid refreshment!

On Sunday there will be a trip to Dores Inn, on Loch Ness. Please let me know, as soon as possible, if you want to join in. This event has been much enjoyed by our meeters in the past and if the weather is good it is in a stunning position overlooking the loch, with lots of photo opportunities. We hire the community minibus for transport (we still await the new bus, which should have arrived by then) and we will require at least one volunteer driver. Please let me know if you are willing to drive. I will need a copy of both bits of your licence before you arrive.

There will be opportunities to walk, go on the service bus to Inverness, and join in a working party, of it is of interest to you and although not normally given to raffles, quizzes, etc. we have been given a hand made designer silver necklace as a donation from our Dutch meet which we will be auctioning for the mountain rescue team – so bring a bit of extra cash for a special present for a special person (your other half or yourself)!

Shortly I will be asking for confirmations, but in the mean time enjoy the summer weather.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Margaret, put us down for the meet please. Two or 3 of us and the dog.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
No its looking very unlikely:cry: Ive got my aires books, Blues got his doggy passport but my house hasn't sold yet so I guess in the meantime I will just keep enjoying other peoples blogs of Europe and pen in a xmas cruise instead this year.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Confirmations.
We have 18 vans booked with space for a couple more. Please can you confirm that you are still coming and let me know when you expect to arrive and leave, and if you want to join the trip on Sunday evening to the Dores Inn and Loch Ness.

magbrin
tribute 11
2cv`
Romingman
nightman
Top Cat
Tricia
kwenewek
georgieporgie
andy63
The Laird
Champstar
derek arnes
irnbru
tonybvi
ardgour
rwhites1
aj

Numbers will be limited, for Dores, and we already have some bookings so let me know soon if you would like to come.
See you soon and safe travels
Margaret

Jul 29, 2014
Montrose Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Margaret.
I am definitely coming to the minimeet, I should be arriving on Friday AM and I would also like to go to the Dores Inn for a meal.
Thanks george

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
H
Hi Margaret.
I am definitely coming to the minimeet, I should be arriving on Friday AM and I would also like to go to the Dores Inn for a meal.
Thanks george
Hi George. Nice to see you have now joined fun. We are heading up on Thurs night stopping over at Pitlochry as usual and arriving Fri morning too. See you there.

Jul 29, 2014
Montrose Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2012
Hello Irnbru.
Do you stop in a campsite on the Thursday night or do you just wild camp?
I might see you on the road on Friday morning.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hello Irnbru.
Do you stop in a campsite on the Thursday night or do you just wild camp?
I might see you on the road on Friday morning.
We stop in the designated bays in the car park on the right in Pitlochry. It's free from 6 PM til 8 am. A little like an aire I guess.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
One or two confirmations still to come. Peas let me know asap if you are still planning to come if you have not done so already.

Some last minute reminders:
There is space for more last minute bookers
Themed evening - Friday: Your favourite regional dish - with a hat (optional) to match!
BBQ, bonfire & mini auction - Saturday: bring food to cook on the bbq and share, Remember sauces, rolls, tools, charcoal etc. & cash for designer necklace being auctioned for Cairngorm Mountain Rescue team

Let me know if you want to go to Dores Inn for a meal on Sunday
evening.

Generous donations appreciated for Cairngorm Mountain Rescue who risk their own lives, in all weathers, to help others on the mountains.

See you soon
Margaret

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are definitely coming. Will arrive Fri lunchtime leave Sun late afternoon.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Good photos, Irnbru, but you missed the best/worst. Unless you've read the other forum you may have missed the fact that we had major floods:( Unfortunately the pagoda bit the dust, but thanks for the use of it til now.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh geesh, we had a lucky escape. Tony has a canoe in his MH, mightve came in handy had he still been there. Hope everyone left was ok. Can you copy my photos across so the others can see them please.
We found a great wee spot at Glencoe when we left, though no tv reception, no internet and just a gory mo ie to watch so in the end an earlynight listening to the rain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back