Sandy meet & ciderfest! 11-14 July (1 Viewer)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Well ive packed the shelter anyways, just waiting for the misus to get home before we grab food n leave.

See you soon...............

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Dave,

Just got in from work, showered and changed. We should be leaving in about 20 mins, (Lincs/Cambs border), hoping to arrive by 15.00 latest, pending traffic around P/boro.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Good luck for your first rally, wish we could be with you but we're still in sunny France!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 2014-07-11 14.30.48.jpg
    2014-07-11 14.30.48.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 16

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well at Sandy , lovely spot and everything at hand, tested out the pub as you would :whistle: Then onto the Gandi .. great time was had by all

Today's meeting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 37

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
And another of our Marshall Brewery Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 43
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
After a damp start to the day, it is now a lovely evening. Cooling off a bit now, but tea time could almost be described as hot - by English standards, anyway.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Your going to have to be quick getting on this one if it's run again next year. Top class in every respect.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
No rain now and brightening up nicely!
Ground is firm so no problems expected - will give u a soft landing when staggering back from the pub - where a certain hardy bunch have already gone to!!!
So now I'm part of a hardy bunch :rofl:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It's looking glorious now, after a very grey start to the day. Bring it on.

Will have to see if there is enough room to get our awning out. Broken Link Removed

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I can't see any Motorhome Fun Flags, great pictures though Richard.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
There was!
Only just. Broken Link Removed

Last night about six of us were sat outside Pat4Neil's truck having a drink and a chat. Before long, we had over thirty folks out there, with six of them playing musical instruments. The weather was ideal, and the paraffin Tilley lamp was fired up, giving us all a nice brightly lit social area. The atmosphere was magical.
Thanks especially to the Sandy Meet contingent, of FUN's Musical Ensemble, for entertaining us all, and to Pat & Neil our hosts for the evening. Broken Link Removed

I've been out and about already, and torrential rain overnight appears to have damaged a couple of awnings. Broken Link Removed

Richard W, great photos. Broken Link Removed Was that you buzzing us around 20.00-20.30 hrs last night? Broken Link Removed I asked Brian (icantremember) sat next to me, what he had done to warrant a search, but then I saw Shiftzz, and realised I was asking the wrong person. Broken Link Removed

Rita and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave & Jackie for organising this, their first meet. Broken Link Removed The location and easy access to the town are ideal. We know how much hard work is involved running a meet, and are so glad that it was a great success for you both.

Thanks again,

Jock & Rita. Broken Link Removed

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Another picture from the meet. Sorry it’s a bit limited, a function of a basic phone/camera and trying to fly the aeroplane at the same time. Graham is reduced to a couple of red pixels above the third ‘van up in the middle row. Joy is just about visible leaping around in the shadows of the fourth ‘van up on the left hand row.

In the corner.jpg

R&J: I was home by 20:00, so not guilty. Probably someone from the microlight airfield just the other side of the A1, a sunny summer evening bimble is a popular flying option.

I hope the rest of the Meet goes well and you all have a safe run home, or on to the next Meet.

Happy Travels.
Richard W.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
R&J: I was home by 20:00, so not guilty. Probably someone from the microlight airfield just the other side of the A1, a sunny summer evening bimble is a popular flying option.
No Richard, this appeared to be the Police chopper that was buzzing us. Maybe Dave has colleagues in high places . Broken Link Removed:wink:

Glad you had a good flight. Broken Link Removed:Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Richard it may if been me jumping up n down as I was near GJH at the time I had also waved earlier before knowing it was you
:rofl::rofl:

Kath

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just getting ready to pack up after a great weekend, thank you to everyone for the warm welcome for our first meet.
It's nice to see so many vans turn up for Dave's first event, put our names on the list for next year.
We hope to see many of you at Lincoln.

Keith and Carolyn.

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dave suggested our forum name wasn't exciting enough, so we are looking for ideas.
If you have met us this weekend and would like to put your suggestions in the mix, we will be happy to consider them.

Abusive and insulting suggestions first please:D

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
A big thank you to Dave and Jackie for organising this meet. It was also good to meet the other funsters and put a face to some names. Catch you all again next time. Cheers R & J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back