Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:thumb:We had a fabulous time. Great to see many old friends, and to meet new ones.
Many thanks to Jez & Lyn for everything, especially the chili (yum. yum).:thumb:
Thanks to Steve for the laughs.:ROFLMAO:
A great meet, a shame so many chose to miss it :Doh:. We've already pencilled it in as a "must go" next year.:thumb:
Thanks to all,::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
themogs xx

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Many Thanks for great weekend, met some new friends and some old, like what's bin said before in all the previous post's , well organised event everything flowed from the meal & entertainment Elvis/ buddy to denise & Steve on accordion/ squeeze/box's, to walks over the dorset hills and rib ride around the coast and games after the joint bar-b-que.
Special thanks to Jez & Lyn for getting it all together, also Pat & trish for help with stewarding.
From Ann & Terry (FIDGET)
sorry we missed some bits as we were fiddling with our new toy Mo/ho

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Dorset 2014

Just a quick note to thank all those attending for contributing to such an enjoyable Rally.Its the first one we have attempted so its a relief that its gone well and been well received.
The Campsite are delighted with the amount received and are very enthusiastic about hosting it again next year. To that end we would want to organise something similar for about the same time next year and will create a new thread with that in mind.
There has been much discussion both at the Rally and on the forum (thanks Old Mo) and we will use this to help ensure we only get people booking who really want to come so a little sadly in my opinion we will probably have to go down the deposit route which I'm sure most will sympathise with.
So sitting in the Rallyfield for the last night this is Jez signing off the Fun in the Sun Dorset Rally 2014 :Smile: :Cool: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Just a quick note to thank all those attending for contributing to such an enjoyable Rally.Its the first one we have attempted so its a relief that its gone well and been well received.
The Campsite are delighted with the amount received and are very enthusiastic about hosting it again next year. To that end we would want to organise something similar for about the same time next year and will create a new thread with that in mind.
There has been much discussion both at the Rally and on the forum (thanks Old Mo) and we will use this to help ensure we only get people booking who really want to come so a little sadly in my opinion we will probably have to go down the deposit route which I'm sure most will sympathise with.
So sitting in the Rallyfield for the last night this is Jez signing off the Fun in the Sun Dorset Rally 2014 :Smile: :Cool: :thumb:

Welll said, and well done Jez and Lin! Time for you to have a well earned rest. It may have been a "Fun Holiday" but we all know how much hard work is involved in Marshalling a Rally. Just to let you know it was greatly appreciated. Bye for Now!

Steve & Anne.:thumb:

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
We'll we are still sitting here in the slightly dreich conditions that now prevail. We got back to our van yesterday just before the heavens opened Jez Lin and Darcy were starting out as we got back and got caught in it but were able to shelter in Corfe.
This was our first Fun event and it was ... Fun thanks to Jez and Lin for their hard work and for everyone else who made it such a memorable event and also to whoever arranged the sunshine.

All the best from Lottie and Doreen as well. (I think both were enamoured of Darcy)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
kinda wishing that i was still there, had an amazing time, partly because it was such a beautiful site, partly because of the sunshine, but what made it really special for me personally was the kindness, friendship and help that i received from the other funsters there, so thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart to all of you, you're an amazing and caring bunch of people and hopefully we'll meet again soon in the future..:thumb:
and before i forget, please pop my name down for next year..

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Funtastic

What an amazing holiday :thumb:
A beautiful location, superb weather and such a wonderful crowd of people - I had a fantastic time and had the best holiday I have had for a very long time. I have come home with a gratifying sense of achievement, feeling relaxed, refreshed, elated, encouraged and with a huge sense of belonging. Am already missing the Motorhome Fun family I have become part of..
Many, many heartfelt thanks to everybody, especially to Lin and Jez whose enthusiasm made it all happen, but also to everybody on my long list of new friends. All I need to do now is fight you all for first position on the attendance list for the next Dorset Funtastic meet :yeah:
Many thanks to you all
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
And now we are all alone, still here, unable to get away. The sun has gone, the rain and wind has descended and all our new and fantastic friends have moved on.

Not sad though as we made loads of great new friends and we would like to thank you all for your help and support especially for helping Ann after I became a bit of a liability. Sorry.

We can't wait till next year when we can all meet up again.

Well done Jez and Lyn a MASSIVE success.

Gary and Ann

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Dorset

A big THANK YOU to Jez and Lyn for a great ralley in a superb location. You both put a lot of effort into this ralley and everyone appreciated it.

I did feel sorry for Jez & Lyn who spent time waiting for Funsters who said they were coming but never turned up. A simple message would have been nice and then they to could have spent more time enjoying the fabulous location .

S&D:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A big [HI]THANK YOU to Jez and Lyn[/HI] for a great ralley in a [HI]superb location[/HI]. You both put a lot of effort into this ralley and everyone appreciated it.

I did feel sorry for Jez & Lyn who spent time waiting for Funsters who said they were coming but never turned up. A simple message would have been nice and then they to could have spent more time enjoying the fabulous location .

S&D:Smile:

Here is a link to some of Old Mo's photos of that superb location........

.....Griff

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here is a link to some of Old Mo's photos of that superb location........

.....Griff

Just started a thread with photo`s link...

I didn`t think of putting them on here... :RollEyes::Doh::Sad:

Thanks again Griff.. :thumb:

Told you I was thick... :Blush:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Well there's not a lot left to say it has all been said. Jez and Lin did a fantastic job organising and marshalling this event. The group were fantastic. Its over now and I am missing you all. Its also as if I returned to a completely different country as I haven't got warm since I came home. Hope to see you all again next year. Thanks to Jez and Lin

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well there's not a lot left to say it has all been said. Jez and Lin did a fantastic job organising and marshalling this event. The group were fantastic. Its over now and I am missing you all. Its also as if I returned to a completely different country as I haven't got warm since I came home. Hope to see you all again next year. Thanks to Jez and Lin

Looks like a great time was had by all. I would be interested in next year too...

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We've just arrived home from our hols and also want to state our massive thanks to Jez and Lyn for arranging this Rally. It was also our first rally, but certainly won't be our last. Question is, will all rallies be as good as this one was ?

The location was excellent and the company was first class, loads of laughs and learnt many things, some technical and some odd, such as a strange use for a Weatabix box !!

Will be looking to go to next year's rally all being well.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Great to meet you both, like you this one was my first rally, (and my Mum's), and couldn't have wished for a more relaxed and stressfree period of time, shared with some new friends. :) in a truly beautiful part of the world.
Will certainly be doing more FUN events, ............as for a return to Jez and Lin's Dorset event..................try and keep me away:ROFLMAO:. (esp as I've now a new((to me)) Mh...........(y))

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Yes spill the beans Andy

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
oh WOW ! That really is one big step up in the world
You (and Mum) must really have had a hugely wonderful time at your very first vanning trip at the Dorset Fun rally to have been so seriously bitten by the motorhome bug!
When/where to we get to see the queen and her prince in their wonderous new chariot ? I bet you can't wait - not the only one - let us see, let us see..
Can you post a pic?

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hymers are good vehicles Mum and you will have a great time using it cant wait to see it

BtownHills

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
MH
in the process of choosin
Exp
We would be interested, subject to date.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hopefully I'll have delivery by Sat,.........then first trip over to Folkstone, (kent) for 10 day event.
Yes we did enjoy ourselves, .......Mum especially as the last few months have been hard on her, health wise as well as emotionally, so anything I can do to help her to enjoy herself, I'm doing...........the Hymer will be loads easier for her, as flat floor and more space for her to move around in; (not to mention she can leave her bed made up, instead of needing to pack it away to 'live in' as we have to do so in Ducato; (Not knocking the Fiat, great vehicle, just smaller...........:))

Yes the Hymer is Certainly a large hike in size,.........maybe's I've bitten off more than I can chew, HeHo, I'll soon know.........:LOL::whistle:

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
We are up for it, "Having an Adventure before Dementia"

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
:) just awaiting its delivery now,.......brake woes to be sorted before MOT.
(Still it's not costing me dosh to put right...........:D)
All being well delivery early next week...........

Have a good trip back to Norden Fm, Jez and Lin.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
you and mum are going to have some wonderful adventures together with the new van andy, hopefully bump into you both somewhere again soon.. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back