running 2 routers with GSM & BB internet access - my problems= can anyone help please ??! (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi all, I am currently in the process of trying to setup an alternate internet connection (because BT broadband keeps disconnecting and stalling the router) using a 4/3 G router with a Data card in it (D-Link DWR-923). The D-Link DWR-923 I hope to connect into my existing network (via the WAN connection) and allow remote access to a specific PC if the BB router is stalled.

My question is, On my BB router I have some fixed IP's and portforwarding going on to allow for viewing feeds over the net, I dont want to cause any conflicts with all that so need to switch DHCP off on the 3G DWR router, but you cant. Is there a way around of just telling the 3g DWR router to look for non existant IP address ranges ? Will it be a problem to run 2 DHCP services in this way ?

thanks for any help

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you WiFi - PC to D_Link the WiFi settings on the PC will be separate from the LAN settings so you are in with a chance. You could disable the LAN card in the PC with Device Manager.

But why not just get BT fixed ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Contact BT and find out WHY broadband is disconnecting.

Could be a faulty router.

That would be my first step.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Any help

Click Gavin Peterson should give his email address head honcho

BT Group (British Telecom, Openreach, BT Retail, Openworld, BTConnect, BT plc, BTPlc, British Telecommunications, BTGroup, BT Customer Service, British Telecoms, BT Infinity)UK., Chief Executive
(Broken Link Removed)Broken Link Removed.Broken Link Removed. .. .
Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You can set up the DHCP settings for different ranges on each router. I.e. Router 1 has the fixed IP's plus say .30 to .99 and set the second to issue from .100 up.

Alternatively, set up a single DHCP server and turn it off on one, other or both routers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back