Recommended battery make/supplier (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
It seems that my cab battery needs replacing (only just starts the MH after 5 days idle). Has anyone any recommendations as to where and what? I've just replaced the leisure battery after following advice on here. Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDi 2006

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just to complete the circle, I bought a Varta Blue Dynamic 95Ah with 800 CCA for £78 from Battery Mega Store with a 4 year warranty. Delivered next day. Same place as I bought my leisure battery from, coincidentally. It looked like the one I took out was the original (it had 1006 stamped in the top so assume this is a date code...2006 vehicle).

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It seems that my cab battery needs replacing (only just starts the MH after 5 days idle). Has anyone any recommendations as to where and what? I've just replaced the leisure battery after following advice on here. Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDi 2006

I'd just buy the cheapest you can find from a supplier that does loads, so doesn't have old stock lying about to be wrecked by neglect. The only difference in quality for a wet cell is basically the amount of lead, and this is pretty much constant for a cab battery with the same CCA rating.

An Enduroline supplied by www.tayna.co.uk is not normally far off the mark, although you can always find something even cheaper off eBay. Any more is just paying for a brand, or an extended guarantee with so many holes and hoops that you'll never claim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back