LED lights (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
My MH has spotlights above the seating and flourescents on the roof. I've no idea what wattage they are - apart from each spot taking about 0.9A (so maybe 10W?). What LED replacements are available and how are they measured in terms of output? Presumably the roof mounted flourescents need more than just a bulb replacing (they take 0.6A each).

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Our previous MOHO had halogen spot lights above the seating area. I just removed one of the bulbs so that I could measure it and determine the size of bulb needed. I then when on-line and bought the LED equivalent with the highest wattage. Replaced the four bulbs and the result was great. The lockers above the lights no longer became excessively hot, and the light was just as good as before.
If you mention the make and model of your MOHO, someone may have actual experience of doing just what you are planning.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You will find a Happy Customer LED thread live today from 1Oll.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Replaced all halogen some time ago and it made a big difference to the power consumption. At Stratford took the plunge and changed the fluorescent strips foe LED - they ain't cheap and the power difference wasn't as noticeable but the increased light output was impressive. There are a number of suppliers around, I used ledbulbs4u, very helpful.
I've since changed some at home - they're the same fittings - and again improved the light output.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I have an Autoquest Starfire 2006. Seems the new look website doesn't have that under the avatar like the old one did.

I replaced the G10 spots in my kitchen with LEDs. Made the mistake of using cold white...made the kitchen look like an operation theatre and were not as bright as the tungstens. Also they lasted less than a year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back