LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not sure your roof would hold me Paul -it's a Swift ;)
HAVE/WHERE ARE THE PICS FROM THE CJ?Hoping my mate Paul will show me how to get mine from the phone on Friday before we get started on the Caddy again :DGot a nice one of Nikki with her little blue and white van and my old van looks superb with the lights on her side
terry

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Dave
The other funster who supplied the sticky stuff was another Andy aka Lunny
Glad to hear your nice and dry now at least on the inside :ROFLMAO:(y) xx

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The cables from two panels routed through a single gland!!!
A definite no no! Most unprofessional!

I did min like that. Only one hole through the roof and a load of gunge to make sure it does not leak. But pretty it is not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just out of interest just what Sikaflex type should be used for attaching the cable gland box to the roof (and the panels to the roof for that matter). I'm about to fit a panel in a few weeks. No doubt questions will appear at that time.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All depends on what is fixing to what ? Plastic to anything other than plastic is always hard -hence when asked people always suck in through the teeth and shake there heads :DRough up both surfaces ,clean,then try sticking with a Polyurethane glue/sealant --I have had no problems using one from TOOLSATION that was called pu40 @ £4 a tube ,but they have changed it.s name -still ending in 40 but I don't know if it's still the same stuff-Tiger seal and carabond are also good stuff ---Sucking in-between my teeth as I type I take no responsibility if whatever you stick on comes unstuck :D:D;)
terry

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I did min like that. Only one hole through the roof and a load of gunge to make sure it does not leak. But pretty it is not.

Mine has only one hole through roof but i have fitted a double gland. Those single glands are made for one cable, if there are two then a double gland should be used.
All leaks now stopped!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
When putting any wiring through the roof such as wifi antenna or solar panels I have always used stainless boat decking glands. They are not cheap, but if its good enough for a boat, its good enough for MY camper. Treat the roof of your camper as if it were a boat and do not except anything that would compromise its water tightness. Any form of plastic gland will eventually deteriorate with the UV rays. This type of thing.
Broken Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just out of interest just what Sikaflex type should be used for attaching the cable gland box to the roof ..............

If it's a box with fixing holes then I wouldn't glue it to the roof.

I would use Carafax IDL 99 non setting mastic and stainless steel self tapping screws.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back