Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Get the kids on leads I say:ROFLMAO: Seriously though, that does my head in :Angry: Although we loved the site at Ledaig there was a lot of dog crap on the walk paths beside the beach. And, I see it all too often in ABZ too. Just this evening we were walking our pooch around our local park which has just had major work done to it and there was dog poop all over one of the main paths. There is NO NEED people, clean it up. I won't mention horse riders though, 'cause they are allowed to leave horse crap all over the shop :Angry:

Its the dog owners who should be on leads !!!

barry

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
sadly it seems with everything, a few bad apples spoilt the cart. just a few dogs on a site allowed to crap where they like and not picked up soon accumulate a lot of deposits. If i dont get out in my garden and clean up at least once a day, it soon looks and smells awful

maybe if the councils and site owners started policing the problem and at the same time installed more dog bins, it would really help. one excellent idea is what they do in certain places in america, fit a doggie cesspit beside each dog park. the poo goes down a chute and into the cesspit which digests the solids. planning on maybe fitting one myself at home. 3 medium size dogs produce a lot of waste each and every day

I put one at the bottom of our garden but it didnt really work very well not much fun dealing with the consequences:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camshaft

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Wirral, Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
since 2000
Dog Mess

Seems to be bad behaviour by the dog owners letting them run around and not clearing up after them. Also very poor management but he site owners. Do they not have eyes to see whats going on and should they not take action to prevent it and thereby ensure the enjoyment of of their customers, both responsible dog owners and those without dogs. Or have they got the money so can't be bothered.
I pay good money to put motorhome in storage only to go there and find dog mess all around it...what kind of owner puts his dog in storage to have a shit???!!

Camshaft

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Wirral, Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
since 2000
Ha never thought of that....is 'guard dog' another name for motorhomer or caravanner who doesn't give a shit??

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
what kind of owner puts his dog in storage to have a shit???!!
The security man with the large Doberman, which guards your motorhome that you pay good money for to be kept safe?? :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I would have a word with your storage man -He should be cleaning up his guard dogs mess ---Dogs tent to dump in the same places so it should not be a hard job to find and clean up even if the dog is running free --not going into rights and wrongs /dogs on tethers etc, if you are not happy then move storage

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We own a campsite adjacent to Van Bitz, and I was amazed yesterday that a chap rang and wanted a pitch for about six weeks as he is working in the area. He'd visited the site last week and wanted a pitch on the outer edge as he had a dog which
He never let in the van, as it lived under his caravan

He went on to say that on the outer edge, it would be able to clear off when it needed to do its "business"

Ash in the office took the call and I established what was beig said by his answers, but Ash being Ash, was being polite and gently trying to say "no"

I told him that he should have told the bloke to go and live in the middle of a field! What an attitude in 2015

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know if this is where to ask this..... I MAY, not definite, have to dogsit my daughter's dog this year for quite some time .... She is a beautiful collie dog, old, and really lovely EXCEPT FOR ONE THING... She barks when she is left in the house/van on her own and I don't want to have to miss meets or ask to be parked a mile away from everyone else.... I have done all the usual .. ie only staying away short while at first, etc.... she KNOWS I will be back but still does what she knows she shouldn't. :(

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
@movan Leave her with her doggie friends. Cruiser left Thomas with our two when we went out, I'm assuming they were quiet as no-one complained

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan Leave her with her doggie friends. Cruiser left Thomas with our two when we went out, I'm assuming they were quiet as no-one complained
Yes, I guess that. Will have to hope there is a doggy friend around. Last year I left her with a doggy friend and presume no trouble except for scattered cushions everywhere, but they did like each other at the time. Thanks for help.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Yes, I guess that. Will have to hope there is a doggy friend around. Last year I left her with a doggy friend and presume no trouble except for scattered cushions everywhere, but they did like each other at the time. Thanks for help.
Could be a whole different ball game for us now though

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Joy, there is almost always someone that will 'dog watch' on a rally for you. (y)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Perhaps when you pay you should ask for a discount for the dog crap.

Hmmm, I wouldn't think so, that's an extra, its used as a tracking device to see which MHs the "alleged " perpetrator has visited, it shows up nicely on bed linen and soft furnishings(y)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I pay good money to put motorhome in storage only to go there and find dog mess all around it...what kind of owner puts his dog in storage to have a shit???!!

Are you sure it's not FGRs........( Flipping great Rats)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
@movan Some dogs will bark if they have a visual stimulant, so closing all the blinds and letting them think that it is night/bed time is a suggestion. This is what we do with our dogs, but then they do have each other for company.
I guess it also depends on the reason for her barking. Is it separation anxiety or a reaction to noises? Is it constant barking? If so, then separation anxiety is the likeliest reason and one that needs ALOT of work with systematic and desensitisation training.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
As for horse poo…..there are practically zero risks to humans if they come into contact with it, unlike dog poo. Have copied info from a study below:-

Horse manure neither contains significant amounts of hazardous chemicals, nor exhibits hazardous characteristics. The chemical constituents of horse manure are not toxic to humans. Horse guts do not contain significant levels of the two waterborne pathogens of greatest concern to human health risk, Cryptosporidium or Giardia, neither do they contain significant amounts of the bacteria E. coli 0157:H7 or Salmonella. Fungus, viruses, bacteria and worms found in horses have never been shown to infect humans and are unlikely to be zoonotic. People who have occasion to handle horse manure have never been infected by this intimate contact. Humans and other sources within the environment (e.g. wild animals and birds) with their overwhelming population numbers are far more likely than horses to contribute to human health risks.

While horse manure may not be aesthetically pleasing, it should not be harmful to human health nor pose a significant health risk to people when they encounter it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
i dont think you will find any Funsters, dog owner or not who would disagree with you. Assume you pointed your observations out to the site owner / warden!:thumb:
Regretfully pointing out when dog owners are irresponsible is not considered fun.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sadly it seems with everything, a few bad apples spoilt the cart. just a few dogs on a site allowed to crap where they like and not picked up soon accumulate a lot of deposits. If i dont get out in my garden and clean up at least once a day, it soon looks and smells awful

maybe if the councils and site owners started policing the problem and at the same time installed more dog bins, it would really help. one excellent idea is what they do in certain places in america, fit a doggie cesspit beside each dog park. the poo goes down a chute and into the cesspit which digests the solids. planning on maybe fitting one myself at home. 3 medium size dogs produce a lot of waste each and every day
unfortunately that will not work, I have a doggie cess pit but not installed it, I do however have to regularly clean out the site cesspit because it is blocked by people depositing their dog mess there along with the inevitable plastic bags which do not dissolve There is a dog poo bin right next to the dump tank so no excuse. 99% of owners are great, it is the 1% who think their dog is so well behaved it does not need to be kept on a lead, those owners have no idea when their dog leaves a pile for others to step in. Plus other owners with not so well behaved dogs see one off a lead and let theirs off as well.
In a town the consequence of dog mess can lead to blindness and other horrible diseases, in the countryside it can lead to spontaneous abortion in cattle if it finds its way into animal feed/hay or silage so it is very important for owners to realise why they need to be responsible.
rant over.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just had a lovely few days at Slapton sands, walked to Torcross and the Beesands, I have never seen so many bags of dog poo in my life, on one rock there were 5. I don't have a dog but surely if you can't be bothered to put the bag in a bin then it's better to just leave the poo in a pile. Some people are just disgusting?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back