Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
Hi ... I have got a Kipor IG2000 but it keeps conking out.. hubby now servicing it !!! If we need a new one...
What other Generators get your thumbs up !!!! ... he has always talked about Honda !!!

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Honda.

But when I had an old generator that too kept stoping.
It was old fuel in the tank blocking the carb.
Good clean new petrol and ir was like new.

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
another thing is to check the oil level, some gennies stop if the oil is not topped up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Honda are good, but very expensive, everyone I know who has a kipor is happy with it, if you go for a new one, check that it is as quiet as it should be. quiet ones are usually under about 60 decibels, but some suitcase ones areas high as 92, also check if you need a pure sinewave model, which are dearer.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Went through the same conundrum recently and was very tempted by Kipor and Hyundai, which Peter from Johns Cross gives a forum discount on, but in the end I went with a Honda EU20i which was certainly not cheap, but I am pleased with it, and it really is pretty quiet. Starts easily, runs well and safe for use on sensitive electronic goods due to its built in pure sine wave feature.

If your budget can stretch to it, I would certainly recommend the Honda.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If price is not important then go for a Honda if not put a new carb. on your Kipor as that is almost certainly the problem as they are crap. and if the control board goes they are a right off.

Be careful as there are pirate copies of Honda but no one makes pirate copies of Kipor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
If price is not important then go for a Honda if not put a new carb. on your Kipor as that is almost certainly the problem as they are crap. and if the control board goes they are a right off.

Be careful as there are pirate copies of Honda but no one makes pirate copies of Kipor

If you do decide to buy a Honda, it is worth buying from a reputable main Honda dealer like Lings. Makes no sense to penny pinch with a relatively expensive purchase when you could end up with rubbish or no end of trouble for the sake of paying that little extra.

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
I bought a 2.0 Hyundai from Johns Cross earlier this year. I had been advised by members here that a 1.0 generator was not adequate for the MH so I went for a 2.0 and a Honda was going to be more than double the price. Very pleased with it (btw no connection with JC other than as a customer).

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

left mine running foe 30 minns 2 day they dont like not working no matter what make ,kippor 1g will be serviced before new season,dont leave petrol switched on as it may end up in sump:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Slightly off topic but as I LOVE Kipors and have learnt quite a bit about them and their inner secrets after running my first one for over a decade, I might be interested if any of you have broken ones you don't want any more.

Might even cross your palm with silver... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I chose one of the Hyundai's a good quality genny and whole lot less expensive than a Honda and quiet enough for me , I only bought the 1000si as I only need it to power the on board 25 amp Sterling battery charger for a hour or so in the morning when on site with no hook up and its more than capable of that as well as recharging the mobiles and laptops ready for another night.

Bootneck

Free Member
Sep 19, 2009
Herts
Funster No
MH
Class2
Exp
8yrs
I live in Herts and would like to get my genny serviced, does anyone have a near servicing agent please.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back